brianearman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
What a POS. The car chooses the other profile, and will not allow you to switch. Tried deleting the other profile - won’t allow it. Tried turning off the car, no difference. Tried connecting Bluetooth - nope. $50,000 and can’t connect my phone to the car if my wife is in the car with me. Easily the worst thing about the car.
Sponsored

stevec73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Definitely buggy. Your best bet is rebooting sync by holding the “volume down” and “next track” buttons on the right of the steering wheel. Takes a few (too many) seconds, but may clear up some bad behavior. Not guaranteed. Also, restarting the phone that won’t connect may help…

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
What a POS. The car chooses the other profile, and will not allow you to switch. Tried deleting the other profile - won’t allow it. Tried turning off the car, no difference. Tried connecting Bluetooth - nope. $50,000 and can’t connect my phone to the car if my wife is in the car with me. Easily the worst thing about the car.
Perhaps you could explain this a little more clearly? I can switch Car Play between phones.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
I’ve had the car for almost 2 years now. It keeps getting buggier and buggier. I’m experiencing the same thing.

I shouldn’t have to reboot constantly.

@Ford Motor Company it should only take you a week, maybe two, to resolve issues like this. Not months, let alone years.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
The updated UI has a rock solid implementation of wireless CarPlay.

It has never failed to connect, the connection happens in 10 seconds or less, and has never failed to let me switch phones.

I installed it back on December 17th and have had zero issues with CarPlay since. I was one who had lots of issues before this update.

MachLovin

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Chevelle, 2015 Subaru , 2022 Mach E Select
Country flag
I've had the same issues with mine since i took delivery 11/5/2022. Unfortunately, I had to delete my profiles, reset sync, and do a hard reset of my settings. Then i had to redo the process of adding my car again to Ford PAss app etc.. Ever since i did this though, it seems to be working ok. But, definitely when my wife and i get into the car at the same time (since we are both set up with profiles, ford pass app etc..) its a crap shoot on which one the car will connect to.

It would be awesome if you could give the car priorities in the setting menu. For example, my phone would be priority number 1 for the car to connect to first. And, if that phone is not found, then it should connect to priority number 2 ( or phone number 2 registered in the settings and profiles).
Sponsored