shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Have not used Ford Navigation yet, but will it, and the GOM, adjust for high temps? During this short drive the temp was 110.
How would satnav be impacted by temperature?
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Have not used Ford Navigation yet, but will it, and the GOM, adjust for high temps? During this short drive the temp was 110.

0EFC0D45-E4AF-4150-AF3B-4D200781AF45.jpeg
If you have Intelligent Range enabled it will. In fact, it will say something to the effect of, "Range adjusted due to outside temperature" and "Range adjusted due to destination setting". I forget the exact verbiage. This is currently something Ford is testing with the Early Access Program people before they roll it out to everyone. I have it and find it to be very accurate.

How would satnav be impacted by temperature?
My guess is they mean the amount of range it says you can go before needing to charge, also when it comes to adding chargers automatically.

court0901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select Space White
Country flag
anyone else experience this issue in the heat.... while driving (in whisper mode) the car automatically switches modes and a message appears on screen saying Drive Modes Not Available. all three modes are not available and I must drive in whichever mode it switched me to.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
anyone else experience this issue in the heat.... while driving (in whisper mode) the car automatically switches modes and a message appears on screen saying Drive Modes Not Available. all three modes are not available and I must drive in whichever mode it switched me to.
I have not but others here have. We think it is doing that because the battery is over heated while parked.
Do you have the SR battery?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
yes, thank you.
The smaller battery may be a little more sensitive to temperature extremes due to smaller mass. On the flipside, it cools down quicker once the car has started and moving so that is a plus. Above 40 mph is enough airflow to cool the system down fairly quick.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I've seen this at least a dozen times. Though oddly enough, all but one occurrence were in 2021, so far.

Not sure if @SnBGC's hypothesis is correct, but I do indeed have the standard range battery, too. (And single motor.)

mdraptor

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Raptor, 2022 Ford Mach E CR1
Country flag
I have not but others here have. We think it is doing that because the battery is over heated while parked.
Do you have the SR battery?
Yep, happened today. 2022 CR1 AWD ER, also my gps is 100-200ft off. Hoping it is just the heat, pretty hot here in MD.

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Escape, 22 Mach-E, Premium, RWD, LR, Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is not related to this post but.....One of the concerns I had while waiting for my MME to arrive was how hot would the car get because it had that big black moon roof. I am halfway through the summer now and I want to let people know the heat is not a factor. The AC gets it cool/cold quickly and my bald head does not get hot. Climate wise this is the best AC ever.

RedAero42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E ER AWD, Star White
Country flag
This is not related to this post but.....One of the concerns I had while waiting for my MME to arrive was how hot would the car get because it had that big black moon roof. I am halfway through the summer now and I want to let people know the heat is not a factor. The AC gets it cool/cold quickly and my bald head does not get hot. Climate wise this is the best AC ever.
I also suffer from cueball syndrome and agree the heat through the glass roof is not an issue. I notice it, but, its not uncomfortable at all. I'm 5'10" for reference for proximity to the glass...

Anvesh11

First Name
Anvesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red MME RWD Ext Battery, 2016 Altima
Country flag
How's the shine or glare through the roof?
I had gotten a roof shade in March and I did not remove it yet.

az-paco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Prius, '21 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
How's the shine or glare through the roof?
I had gotten a roof shade in March and I did not remove it yet.
I've never had a problem with the sun shining through, glare, or heat from the glass roof. I don't see a need for a sun shade.
Sponsored