Audio System Not Working

brianswiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Thanks to louibluey for the idea to disconnect the 12v negative cable. It worked for me last night. This method only requires removing two covers which are quite simple to do. The nut is the famous 10mm on the battery terminal. Reinstalling the panels is even easier. I covered the terminal with a towel so the negative cable couldnt contact the terminal. His idea of electrical tape is also a great idea. Thank you.

What I wanted to add was this also changed my miles left on my charge. At the same time I lost the radio about a week ago, my available miles also reduced at the same time. My mach e is a RWD, premium, standard battery. In the summer, a full charge would show about 275 miles. At the same time I lost the radio, we had a cold front move thru MD. My full charge then started showing 175 miles and I was like whoa! However, last night when I removed the negative on the 12v for about 10 minutes then reconnected, not only did it fix my radio issue, my miles jumped from around 160 miles to about 210. The battery was at about 90% charged.

Even with this hiccups, I am still in love with my Mach e. It is bad a$$. For under $40k with the rebate and Ford financing, I am so happy. I previously owned a 2014 Fusion Energi which I also loved. I purchased that Titanium used for $17k. It was two years old and had 43k miles on it. Looking forward to buying the Mach E GT in the near future.
Sponsored

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Well I ran into this problem on my mach E today. It is on 1.7.1. It does not have the Paak update installed yet but pulling the 12v for a few minutes fix it.
I really wish was an easier way to fix this issue.