Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So in my Premium, I’ve been loving the way music sounds but did realize it was lacking dynamic range, and sub didn’t always hit when it should.

I figured out the issue. Turn off Sound Check in Music settings!,

It makes a world of difference and the system sounds even better and actually has dynamic range and the sub sounds good with every song now. Also helps to up the audio quality, this mostly applies to Apple Music listeners. (Yes, I know it’s not really lossless over BT, but it’s definitely a better quality stream)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Audio Tip for iOS users A1A2A1DF-9CB6-4621-9C8F-A99AB5679C4F

Ford Mustang Mach-E Audio Tip for iOS users F623D1F5-4746-4315-9805-713754B79E10

debsahu

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California Route 1 AWD
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I like the EQ in "Late Night" mode.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
So in my Premium, I’ve been loving the way music sounds but did realize it was lacking dynamic range, and sub didn’t always hit when it should.

I figured out the issue. Turn off Sound Check in Music settings!,

It makes a world of difference and the system sounds even better and actually has dynamic range and the sub sounds good with every song now. Also helps to up the audio quality, this mostly applies to Apple Music listeners. (Yes, I know it’s not really lossless over BT, but it’s definitely a better quality stream)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Audio Tip for iOS users F623D1F5-4746-4315-9805-713754B79E10

Yeah, Sound Check purports to even the volume between different tracks but it really compresses dynamic range, especially when using the Lossless setting. I always have it off.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Does this matter for all music coming from your iPhone? Or only music coming from Apple Music?

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, Sound Check purports to even the volume between different tracks but it really compresses dynamic range, especially when using the Lossless setting. I always have it off.
I totally forgot I had it on

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does this matter for all music coming from your iPhone? Or only music coming from Apple Music?
Pretty sure it’s anything played through the Music app but doesn’t necessarily have to be through Apple Music. The audio quality Lossless setting is only for Apple Music files

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Pretty sure it’s anything played through the Music app but doesn’t necessarily have to be through Apple Music. The audio quality Lossless setting is only for Apple Music files
Thank You for clarifying. So if I’m using Amazon music or Libby for audiobooks it won’t help. Thanks for sharing your find to help others though. Good tip.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank You for clarifying. So if I’m using Amazon music or Libby for audiobooks it won’t help. Thanks for sharing your find to help others though. Good tip.
I might be wrong, it’s worth experimenting with though

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Those may have their own setting similar to this. Amazon music's would be "loudness normalization" you'd want to turn that off.
Sponsored