RT1 MME266

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME RT1
Country flag
Mach-E is fast enough for me, that's most important thing, don't need to turn our freeway into drag race tracks. Some days, someone will create modification to add more power for those who want extra adrenaline. Target 0-60MPH under 2s? If that's even possible with Mach-E
Sponsored

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
No, it didnā€™t.

Those werenā€™t the actual timed results. They just put up the European quoted times.

It ran in unbridled extend. 0-60 is closer to 4.8 in that mode.

These idiots donā€™t deserve to make a comparison video. Might as well have thrown an anchor out behind the Mach E as they hit the button that puts it closer to 350 hp rather than 480.
IMG_8481.png

If this were a REAL race, the Mach E would beat the GV60 off the line then trail off above 75 mph.
In their defense, the description of Unbridle extended never mentions a reduction in power. Ford make it seems like you get track focus tuning with longer run time.

As bad as FSD in terms of naming I would say.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
In their defense, the description of Unbridle extended never mentions a reduction in power. Ford make it seems like you get track focus tuning with longer run time.

As bad as FSD in terms of naming I would say.
True, it did trick me at first as wellā€¦ā€¦. In 2021. When it was advertised originally, the GT wasnā€™t even out yet and no one knew of the 5 second limit. Definitely sounded like a temporary power increase to use for track days.

Not a good excuse in 2023 as the power reduction in that mode is well documented at this point.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
True, it did trick me at first as wellā€¦ā€¦. In 2021. When it was advertised originally, the GT wasnā€™t even out yet and no one knew of the 5 second limit. Definitely sounded like a temporary power increase to use for track days.

Not a good excuse in 2023 as the power reduction in that mode is well documented at this point.
I think the 5sec limit is well known. Iā€™m not sure that most non mme owners know that unbridle extended limit powers.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the 5sec limit is well known. Iā€™m not sure that most non mme owners know that unbridle extended limit powers.
Itā€™s a 2 second google search away though.

Rather than tank an entire drag racing video by hitting the wrong button, they could have done even a tiny amount of research.

To be fair, even the in vehicle description isnā€™t clear:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Autoevolution MachE GT Drag Race - Try not to cry IMG_8482

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
My GTPE was produced the first week of production. I'm one of the people who originally discovered the 5 second limit before it was ever public.

When Ford markets a vehicle as a performance vehicle and falls way short of that in every aspect I think it's sad to defend them (relative to other EV performance vehicles). They should do better and many people, including myself, think that they can do better. A closed mouth doesn't get fed.

If you don't like performance vehicles there's an owners forum for Prius waiting for your arrival. There's also an ignore button, feel free to use it.
Congrats on your promotion to CISO

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Congrats on your promotion to CISO
Thanks, but I've actually been in that roll for many years. I am normally mindful that most people probably don't understand what it is. So, I always attempt to describe it differently and can't ever land on something that I feel covers it all. I also don't like being in a position that is normally occupied by people who have never step foot into a data center or written a line of code as I still do both. I've just given up at an attempt to describe it at this point lol.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What an absolute disgrace. To be fair they ran it in unbridled extend mode, and it does say pretty clearly that it limits top end performance. But to be even more fair, Ford shouldnā€™t have released a ā€œGTā€ that only has ā€œGTā€ power for 5 seconds, or needs to be in some special handicap mode to use consistently.
Yep when I saw them do that on the video I thought that was a bit strange I think that was somebody not understanding what that meant. That was designed for auto cross from lamp understanding yes, it made it look worse than it was but the five seconds cut off due to possible he concerns is bad. This is just for cutting corners. They basically don't have as many sensors of some other EV s and they're worried about things overheating

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Itā€™s a 2 second google search away though.

Rather than tank an entire drag racing video by hitting the wrong button, they could have done even a tiny amount of research.

To be fair, even the in vehicle description isnā€™t clear:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Autoevolution MachE GT Drag Race - Try not to cry IMG_8482
The description makes no mention on reduce power. And realistically, I wouldnā€™t expect a track on mode to reduce power from the onset. I canā€™t think of any other manufacturer that does this. Reduce power in their sportiest mode. Counterintuitive.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The description makes no mention on reduce power. And realistically, I wouldnā€™t expect a track on mode to reduce power from the onset. I canā€™t think of any other manufacturer that does this. Reduce power in their sportiest mode. Counterintuitive.
Yeah, ā€œpower capabilityā€¦ā€¦..tuned for control.ā€

Definitely have to read between the lines on that one.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Yeah, ā€œpower capabilityā€¦ā€¦..tuned for control.ā€

Definitely have to read between the lines on that one.
Thatā€™s some mental gymnastic ford is pulling there. Less power. More control. I guess theyā€™re not wrong. Not the route I would have taken with a performance car.

JLowe

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
67 Camaro, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Country flag
Iā€˜m just getting up to speed on this 5 second limit thing.
So far no one has ā€œhackedā€ the software to reprogram these thingsā€¦
How long after a 5 sec full throttle blast will the GT stay in this reduced power mode??

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Iā€˜m just getting up to speed on this 5 second limit thing.
So far no one has ā€œhackedā€ the software to reprogram these thingsā€¦
How long after a 5 sec full throttle blast will the GT stay in this reduced power mode??
Until it cools off and you come to a complete stop.

You only get 5 seconds when itā€™s not too hot or cold outside, battery at good temp and near full charge, and you start at 0 mph.

Any other situation and the power is limited in some manner.

But again, this video didnā€™t show the 5 sec limit. In unbridled extend you never get full power.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

BillSand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mme
Country flag
Anyone know what the MME 'China production version' is capable of performance wise? It would be no surprise if that version had more performance than the USA version... After all; Lincoln makes the Zephyr specifically and only for the Chinese market. Is the USA market sliding backwards? We pay more for less?
Don't get me wrong; I'm very happy with our '23 MME GT Nite Pony. I don't drag race any more like the old (younger) days but having a Tesla next to me at a stop light is a discouraging feeling...
Sponsored