Battery says 100% but range says 296 miles not 310 - closed no more input needed. thanks.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
If not for family and kids being entrenched in their school lives, we'd certainly move out West. Certainly wouldn't mind leaving the biting winter cold behind.
There are advantages and disadvantages to living out here. I won't lie. The higher cost of living is not fun. I certainly never expected to live in one of the most expensive parts of the country.
Sponsored

Mehran

First Name
Mehran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
Bought my 2022 MME Calif route 1 2 months ago used with 5k miles on it at a BMW dealer. When I charge it with my home level 2 charger, Battery says 100% but range says 296 miles not 310 mile spec. I'd expect that if it was really cold. Or of the battery was many years old.

Is this normal?? I looked but didn't see a similar thread to review or add to but I am new to this. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Thanks to those of you that offered constructive input. I quickly learned a lot.

And as mentioned, I did search for the info before posting a new thread but didn't see it. Now, the forum is showing up similar threads I didn't see before. We're all at different stages of learning about EVs and even how this type of forum works so thanks to those that helped without any snide tone. No more feedback is needed.
I have a 2022 MME Cal Route 1, Extended Range Battery 4 wheel drive. I do get a display of 296 Miles at 100% charge (as specified by Ford.) Once I took it for a road trip, starting at 100% in January (50-58 degrees F) and was able to arrive to a charging station 257 Miles away (including a 4000 feet mountain pass, probably 3500 feet uphill followed by 3500 feet downhill,) with about 14 miles left on the display.

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I don't have range anxiety.* I have infrastructure anxiety. The infrastructure will get better, but it's going to take time. In the meantime, we have to do a bit of extra work to think about where to stop, until chargers are as plentiful and reliable as gas stations, and road signs indicate distance to the next charger. Even when I road trip in our ICE car, we have places we tend to stop regularly, because they have a nice playground, or food we like.

(OK, I lied. I have range anxiety with the EV I currently have, because Toyota doesn't think EVs should ever road trip, but this is different from the conventional form of range anxiety.)
Sponsored