Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
I have a Mach and so does my friend. They are both 2021s. When she went to drive hers today, there had been a software update and her range was showing 322 mi! She charges to 100%. I only charge mine to 90% but I was all excited since I knew mine had said there would be a software update overnight as well. But, mine only shows the usual 182 range at 89% charge.

She said when she drove to work, it dropped to 268. She only drives like 15 miles though. So, has anyone else had a crazy increase in mileage range from an update? And how can an update make a battery that much more efficient. That doesn't make sense. Thoughts?
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Its called the "guess-o-meter" for a reason.

The update may have reset the calculation. It will likely drop to the usual value after driving for a bit--its highly based upon how/when/where you drive it.

Check out your average miles/kWh shown on the trip meters. You can use that as a secondary way to calculate your range (its similar to the miles per gallon calculation on a gas vehicle). (If you have the big battery miles/kWh times 88 will give you your range, if you have the small battery miles/kWh times 68 will get you the range on 2021 Mach-E's.)

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
I think something happened with the guess o meter today.

‘21 standard AWD and suddenly today I was at 64% and it claims I can only go 75mi. That’s like a 120mi range….

and I typically get 3.5-4kwh/mi

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
With nearly 60,000 miles I find the range meter pretty accurate when car’s re-learned driving style etc after a reset which can occur during software update.

It is good to see a range of 385 miles at 100% charge for at least a few minutes until the re-learning process kicks in and reality hits home😁
Sponsored