Sfcoyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, BMW i3x VW e-Golf
Country flag
We are shopping for a new EV for my wife, and the Mach-e is near the top of our list. The snag is that nobody seems to have any available for test drives. We’ve driven the ID.4 and the Polestar 2, and at this point it will have to be one of those if we can’t find a dealer willing to let us drive a Mach-e.
Sponsored

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
We are shopping for a new EV for my wife, and the Mach-e is near the top of our list. The snag is that nobody seems to have any available for test drives. We’ve driven the ID.4 and the Polestar 2, and at this point it will have to be one of those if we can’t find a dealer willing to let us drive a Mach-e.
Try Walnut Creek Ford - they have bunch of Mach Es in different configurations. You can give them a call or you can select Mach E from Home page and when you get to a vehicle, there is a button Schedule Test Drive. I had 2 test drives with them and know for sure they have plenty of MMEs for test drives.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Try Walnut Creek Ford - they have bunch of Mach Es in different configurations. You can give them a call or you can select Mach E from Home page and when you get to a vehicle, there is a button Schedule Test Drive. I had 2 test drives with them and know for sure they have plenty of MMEs for test drives.
Even if you have one on order or not, don't let them know that you do. They will "walk away" since more than likely you won't buy from them. Just my past experience. I ended up test driving at the dealer I have one of my orders with.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Just took a trip to Morgan Hill Ford. Very quick test drive, not even 10 minutes, they have the car parked out front and I guess they just roll people through more or less.

It's an interesting car, it is a little heavy, but corners fine. It was quiet on the freeway but there's decent freeway in those parts. I will say I didn't notice much in the way of bumps. It's pretty smooth.

I liked it more than I want to.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Even if you have one on order or not, don't let them know that you do. They will "walk away" since more than likely you won't buy from them. Just my past experience. I ended up test driving at the dealer I have one of my orders with.
Are you speaking specifically of Walnut Creek Ford? Or just dealers in general? Because I had a reservation at Future Ford, but ended up getting my Route 1 at Walnut Creek since they had one on the lot. Told them I had one on order, but would buy that day if they gave me a good deal on my trade-in and honored X-Plan. They did, and it was one of my better car buying experiences.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Are you speaking specifically of Walnut Creek Ford? Or just dealers in general? Because I had a reservation at Future Ford, but ended up getting my Route 1 at Walnut Creek since they had one on the lot. Told them I had one on order, but would buy that day if they gave me a good deal on my trade-in and honored X-Plan. They did, and it was one of my better car buying experiences.
No...just dealers In general. They will ask you to place an order at the dealership.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
No...just dealers In general. They will ask you to place an order at the dealership.
You still talking too generally. Talk to real, specific dealer - in my case, Walnut Creek Ford - they are good. And they have MMEs on the lot (new ones and FTCP) . I have an order with them, but they still gave me 3 test drives, 2 of them were testing different models on the same day. No ADM dealer, X-plan and California Clean Air rebate on the day of purchase. Ford Options - no problem, they already did it for a dozen of MME buyers.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I just took a brief test drive in a Mach-E AWD. Fun car. the one-pedal driving was disabled, but every time I took my foot off of the accelerator pedal the thing behaved like the parking brake was applied. Very aggressive energy reclamation system. Definitely not like my Fusion Energi. Can that be toned down?

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I just took a brief test drive in a Mach-E AWD. Fun car. the one-pedal driving was disabled, but every time I took my foot off of the accelerator pedal the thing behaved like the parking brake was applied. Very aggressive energy reclamation system. Definitely not like my Fusion Energi. Can that be toned down?
If you change the drive mode to whisper it will drive like your Energi and coast when you let off the gas.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If you change the drive mode to whisper it will drive like your Energi and coast when you let off the gas.
Thanks!
Sponsored