Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I order this power charger now as well. What app do you use to run it and is it a good app compared to others? Many thinks
I have one of these (had 2, first one I thought was acting up, turned out to be the car acting up). There's an app called 'WallConnector app'. It gets you more data but needs to be left open. I used HomeAssistant and was able to read from the EVSE. Nice thing is with Home Assistant it's always running, so it's able to graph without having to be open like the Phone app.
I don't have a problem with the Tesla EVSE unless the handle is in direct sun in 110+ degrees. Then the handle gets above 140 degrees so it thermal throttles the charger to try to let the handle cool. It doesn't work for me in Phoenix AZ in the sun but works in Flagstaff AZ so I'll move it up there.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Maybe I missed something. What happened to your Autel? I've been using a 50 amp Autel set at 48 amps, giving me 11.2 kwh for 9 months with no problems.
All good now, Aurel’s customer service is garbage. I rest the charger and set it up again and got the option to charge at 48 amps. They are rather scary. I wish I had gotten the Tesla Universal charger, no more issues

Johntm3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
I'm currently shopping for a level 2 charger and there are so many choices. Is there any reason I should spend more than $250 for one of these? Aren't any chargers with a J1772 connector compatible with the MME? is there any reason not to get this Tera unit?https://a.co/d/g9aFHRz

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I'm currently shopping for a level 2 charger and there are so many choices. Is there any reason I should spend more than $250 for one of these? Aren't any chargers with a J1772 connector compatible with the MME? is there any reason not to get this Tera unit?https://a.co/d/g9aFHRz
I would check out the “State of charge” YouTube channel to see if Tom has reviewed it.
If he didn’t give it a good review, I spend another $150 on the Emporia.

Space_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E awdX
Country flag
Don't forget about the app with the EVSE. A good model will show how much electricity you are consuming each charge and month. My Autel Maxicharger can tell me how much it costs for each charge and also how much you're paying per month.

Johntm3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Yeah I was checking out rates yesterday. We pay: 0.09431 per kwh, so roughly $8.58 for a full battery charge. I hear that's pretty cheap.

BernardSaint

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MachE, Toyota Hybrid
Watch out for the cheap Asia units. For example: it says "Certified L2" which is meaningless.
It does claim "ETL" and says it is equivalent to "UL" certified. I would check this.

I went with the Grizzl-E classic (dumb) charger for $350. Made in Canada and UL and Energy Star rated. I had to open mine to reduce the current and it was a lot of work to open the case and when it was open I could see it is simple and massively designed. This thing is waterproof and ice/snow proof.

The cables are heavy and well sealed at the ends. A L2 charger is basically a extension cord so I did not want 'smart' features because the car & ford pass app has the features you need.

Wirecutter recommends the Grizll-E, it is popular on Amazon and here and other MME forums.
Sponsored