Precondition at home without charging at home…

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
We have had a couple of good laughs on karma to date also. Server probs right now possibly?

Have not tried departure times. Can he set the charging up opposite to when he is there and departure to when he is (wants to). That way he can come home plug in and it will not charge but come his depart time should do whatever it does.
Unfortunately no.
The car appears to prioritize departure time over charge schedule. So it will try and make sure the preset charge limit is achieved prior to the departure time even if that means it will need to charge outside the schedule.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Maybe I'm missing something.

You charge for free at work.
You want the car pre-conditioned to leave.
You pay for electricity at home.

Hit the remote start button 15 minutes before you're ready to leave, and extend it if needed. Car will "pre-condition" off the batteries, which were charged by your company. Drive to work, and recharge fully.
What you’re missing is a couple things.
1. Ford finally got the “precondition while unplugged” toggle working, rendering this whole discussion moot.
2. if I leave for work at the same time every day (I do), then I can schedule my departures one time and not have to worry about remembering to start the car every day.
3. I am uncertain how much battery energy it will take to precondition the car when it’s -1°f out, or how much range I’ll lose at those temperatures already.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
What you’re missing is a couple things.
1. Ford finally got the “precondition while unplugged” toggle working, rendering this whole discussion moot.
2. if I leave for work at the same time every day (I do), then I can schedule my departures one time and not have to worry about remembering to start the car every day.
3. I am uncertain how much battery energy it will take to precondition the car when it’s -1°f out, or how much range I’ll lose at those temperatures already.
Keep in mind that some features aren't available to all. Meaning, some stuff works on your car but might not function on mine. Not sure why that happens but we've seen it all over this forum.
For example.....Departure Times worked perfectly on my car for the first 3 months or so. Then around month 4 it became intermittent to the point where it's been over 2 weeks since departure times has worked for me. Still appears on my screen and on my app.....does NOT condition the car any longer.

The "precondition while unplugged" setting on FordPass appears to function on the app......but nothing happens in real life.

So....it sure makes it hard for this community to help each other out because not every car behaves the same. :rolleyes:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Unfortunately no.
The car appears to prioritize departure time over charge schedule. So it will try and make sure the preset charge limit is achieved prior to the departure time even if that means it will need to charge outside the schedule.
Set the charge to some low % for your home location. Such when you get home from work it is already at that charge and next is departure.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Keep in mind that some features aren't available to all. Meaning, some stuff works on your car but might not function on mine. Not sure why that happens but we've seen it all over this forum.
For example.....Departure Times worked perfectly on my car for the first 3 months or so. Then around month 4 it became intermittent to the point where it's been over 2 weeks since departure times has worked for me. Still appears on my screen and on my app.....does NOT condition the car any longer.

The "precondition while unplugged" setting on FordPass appears to function on the app......but nothing happens in real life.

So....it sure makes it hard for this community to help each other out because not every car behaves the same. :rolleyes:
Precondition while unplugged? I have remote start for the cabin that is it? In fact BMS if plugged in or not I do not note too often. Many on different versions of module firmware, throw in some that have something defective and ford tinkering and updating/changing things continuously. Just because someone's works does not mean too much for someone's who it does not. Explaining how you got yours working may amount to about the same.

When the FP app start popping up that message about your seeing the last details before your car fell asleep. Pretty soon you will get charging info back like we use to have but right now Ford has decided that should be taken all away. It appears that communication between ford and the car has decreased to nothing in a slow painful progress that goes on and on. Your departure schedule probs maybe linked to the no contact deep sleep message? Have no idea what is going on a Ford right now but the silence as to what is is not the greatest.

cleave

First Name
cleave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang mache
Occupation
civil servant
Country flag
Can someone help please. I have loaded some departure info with time day and cool temp on my car and sent it from the app. Car is Connected to wifi but not plugged in. I confirm the detail arrives ok in the car. The schedule doesn’t work - am I doing something wrong please
Sponsored