Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
  • Banned
Any suggestions as to the best high speed charge stations to us in the US and Canada for the MachE 2023. I realize it may not be the same in each country.
thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
  • Banned
Some day in the future you *will* have a choice, but today, most of the time in the US, you are just happy when there are *any* DCFC chargers along/near your route.
That does not sound promising.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Any that are available to use. Try the 150 watt for best performance. That’s the max MME can take.

65MustangBoy

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Mustang, 2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any DCFC 50kw or higher. I tend to favor Electrify America because I can just plug in and charge.

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
The US and Canada are both extremely large. There isn't necessarily one best option. It depends on where you are going to be driving. For example, I am in Maine, and if I am driving to Ohio via I-90, I tend to like EVgo in Massachusetts, but use Electrify America more in NY. In Quebec, Circuit Electrique, which is run by Hydro Quebec is usually good. Up in Ontario when heading to North Bay, the Tesla Superchargers in Deep River and North Bay are your best option. I've also had good luck with Electrify Canada. You may need to be more specific to get more useful information.

Tim_C

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE GB
Country flag

Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Any suggestions as to the best high speed charge stations to us in the US and Canada for the MachE 2023. I realize it may not be the same in each country.
thanks
The "best" charging stations are those that are convenient and close when you need to charge. I suggest looking at the the Trip Planner feature in Plugshare to find well-rated chargers along your route. ARBP app is also good.

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
  • Banned
The US and Canada are both extremely large. There isn't necessarily one best option. It depends on where you are going to be driving. For example, I am in Maine, and if I am driving to Ohio via I-90, I tend to like EVgo in Massachusetts, but use Electrify America more in NY. In Quebec, Circuit Electrique, which is run by Hydro Quebec is usually good. Up in Ontario when heading to North Bay, the Tesla Superchargers in Deep River and North Bay are your best option. I've also had good luck with Electrify Canada. You may need to be more specific to get more useful information.
Thanks, I travel mostly south Ontario. Thinking about road trip to Florida later this year. Kinda interested in a longer drive.

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
The "best" charging stations are those that are convenient and close when you need to charge. I suggest looking at the the Trip Planner feature in Plugshare to find well-rated chargers along your route. ARBP app is also good.
Have you ever used Apple Map’s for planning the route?
Cheers!

Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Have you ever used Apple Map’s for planning the route?
Cheers!
I've not. I'm not a huge Apple Maps fan. Using the built in navigation to navigate to a charging station has the advantage of battery preconditioning. Third party map apps don't trigger preconditioning.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
EA and EVgo are the most reliable in my travels. Really I have almost exclusively used EA. In a few months, we should get access to the Tesla Supercharger network, which is the most superior network in North America.

Use ABRP to plan your trip to Florida, and it will pick out the best chargers to use. Double check the ratings of each charger using Plugshare to confirm they are reliable.

Traveling in a BEV takes a lot more planning than traveling in a ICEV. And expect charging issues.

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
I've not. I'm not a huge Apple Maps fan. Using the built in navigation to navigate to a charging station has the advantage of battery preconditioning. Third party map apps don't trigger preconditioning.
That is a good point.regarding preconditioning of the battery. I assumed that since Apple Maps interfaces with the car, the car would automatically precondition when Apple planned a route. Sure wished they would tell you this.

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
EA and EVgo are the most reliable in my travels. Really I have almost exclusively used EA. In a few months, we should get access to the Tesla Supercharger network, which is the most superior network in North America.

Use ABRP to plan your trip to Florida, and it will pick out the best chargers to use. Double check the ratings of each charger using Plugshare to confirm they are reliable.

Traveling in a BEV takes a lot more planning than traveling in a ICEV. And expect charging issues.
Sorry, what is ABRP ?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Actually the best are the ones that work. But yes use plugshare and ABRP together and your trip will be a more pleasant one and always have a plan B ready.
Sponsored