macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
I know this must have been addressed here but a quick search didn’t pull up what Im looking for. I set my charge setting to charge the MachE to 90% since everything I read said thats the best setting for long term battery health. Despite that whenever i get in after a charge session the car says its at 100%. Why is that? I know Ford leaves 10% inaccessible. So is a 90% charge 100% of the accessible charge and thats why it says 100% ? Thanks
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Your charge settings aren't sticking, make sure set them on the car screen.

Video:

If you set it to 90%, the display should say 90% if the settings are being followed.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Also, make sure the charge when plugged in is not set in your manual charge settings.

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for all the responses but it seems like I had already done everything correctly ( See photos below) and yet its still charging to 100%. FYI I am using a Chargepoint charger that I installed i my garage not a Ford charger

Ford Mustang Mach-E Best charging strategy IMG_5207
Ford Mustang Mach-E Best charging strategy IMG_5208

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Thanks for all the responses but it seems like I had already done everything correctly ( See photos below) and yet its still charging to 100%. FYI I am using a Chargepoint charger that I installed i my garage not a Ford charger

Like @JoeDimwit said. Go into Ford Pass >> Vehicle >> Manage EV >> Charge Times. See that "Use Preferred Charge Settings" is selected, not "Charge when plugged in"

Also try changing your charging schedule to be less than 24 hours per day (weekday/weekend)

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
At one point I had a bit of trouble with the charge % settings not sticking, and it got better when I deleted my home location and started over. Something must have been funny about what it had saved as home at first.

Calledlisag

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 528i, 540i
Occupation
Dir. of Philanthropy
Country flag
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question: what wall charger would you recommend getting? I am picking up my MME tonight - can't wait!! thanks in advance!

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question: what wall charger would you recommend getting? I am picking up my MME tonight - can't wait!! thanks in advance!
That’s kinda like asking “What color should I paint my bathroom?”. Without knowing how much you drive, what you want from the ESVE, or what your electrical system looks like no one can give you an accurate answer to what’s “best” for you.

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Like @JoeDimwit said. Go into Ford Pass >> Vehicle >> Manage EV >> Charge Times. See that "Use Preferred Charge Settings" is selected, not "Charge when plugged in"

Also try changing your charging schedule to be less than 24 hours per day (weekday/weekend)
Thanks but I had done all of that

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At one point I had a bit of trouble with the charge % settings not sticking, and it got better when I deleted my home location and started over. Something must have been funny about what it had saved as home at first.
I agree that may be the next step

Calledlisag

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 528i, 540i
Occupation
Dir. of Philanthropy
Country flag
That’s kinda like asking “What color should I paint my bathroom?”. Without knowing how much you drive, what you want from the ESVE, or what your electrical system looks like no one can give you an accurate answer to what’s “best” for you.
Fair point...I am having a 240 line installed this week, but didn't know if I needed a separate wall charger. I do mostly local driving and to/from work.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Fair point...I am having a 240 line installed this week, but didn't know if I needed a separate wall charger. I do mostly local driving and to/from work.
When you say “separate 240 line”, are you having a plug outlet installed? Or are you setting up to hardwire an ESVE? Do you have a “time of day” rate plan? Do you have a separate meter for this ESVE/240 line? Do you want to capture information on how much electricity is being used to charge the car? Is there a peak usage charge in your bill?

then we get to the driving side of things… How much do you drive on a daily basis? What configuration of Mach-E do you have? Do you need to pre-condition the car before leaving home?

All of these questions will help the experts (which I am not) narrow down what is the best option for you.
Sponsored

Last edited: