Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Upgraded from an iPad Pro 9.7” (gen 1) to an iPad Pro 11” (gen 5). Much crisper picture with a larger viewable area than trying to use the car’s screen. These new speakers fill the car with sound. My 12 year told to me to turn it down.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Better resolution while streaming. D570AAE8-A841-459E-AB29-12F917FEDB2D

As a bonus I can take it with me and use it for all sorts of things.
Sponsored

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Send the audio through Bluetooth!!!! Okay I have to ask... What case are you using? Because I have a tax refund that's burning a hole in my pocket before it even gets here and I've been eyeing a new iPad. God help me

Last edited:
OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Send the audio through Bluetooth!!!! Okay I have to ask... What case are you using? Because I have a tax refund that's burning a whole in my pocket before it even gets here and I've been eyeing a new iPad. God help me
Audio through Bluetooth always has a lag. And the lack of sync with the picture doesn’t really work for me. Or the kid.
I’ve got the iPad pro 11” with a Logitech slim folio pro keyboard case.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Send the audio through Bluetooth!!!! Okay I have to ask... What case are you using? Because I have a tax refund that's burning a whole in my pocket before it even gets here and I've been eyeing a new iPad. God help me
You should see it with the Wife’s 12.9” iPad. ?

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
AOSK needs to get over here and check this out. Make us a special case to attach our ipads to the front screen. That would be cool.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
Upgraded from an iPad Pro 9.7” (gen 1) to an iPad Pro 11” (gen 5). Much crisper picture with a larger viewable area than trying to use the car’s screen. These new speakers fill the car with sound. My 12 year told to me to turn it down.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Better resolution while streaming. image

As a bonus I can take it with me and use it for all sorts of things.
Not sure you actually achieved an upgraded experience with that setup. Sure resolution may be better, but you've essentially maintained an identical viewing size for video, while spending significantly more than a relatively cheap car play AI device. What's worse is that Bluetooth audio will always lag, and the experience when watching videos will be far inferior to what a car play AI device will offer which is zero audio lag.

Yes you can take the device with you and do other things.... but this seems like a pretty cumbersome solution that is inferior to what's already available.

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Am I the only one that finds it crazy that ppl are having to slap a 11" iPad over a perfectly capable 15.5" touchscreen to view their videos capably. I understand the safety concerns but Ford has got to allow users to stream when the car is stationary without having to resort to covert tactics or use of external hardware.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Am I the only one that finds it crazy that ppl are having to slap a 11" iPad over a perfectly capable 15.5" touchscreen to view their videos capably. I understand the safety concerns but Ford has got to allow users to stream when the car is stationary without having to resort to covert tactics or use of external hardware.
I find it more crazy that people use an ipad when there are devices that allow you to stream on the screen itself. I can stream any service on to the stock screen, do it all the time. Doing it right now in fact while wife has Dr appointment.

MMB.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Better resolution while streaming. 20220222_153257

Ford Mustang Mach-E Better resolution while streaming. 20220222_153208
Ford Mustang Mach-E Better resolution while streaming. 20220222_152907

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Am I the only one who finds it crazy that people want to watch videos on a law resolution screen with a poor color gamut and low refresh rate, requiring janky 3rd party hardware, when they can just use a device they already have, or can pick up very inexpensively that will perform much better and do a lot more?

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Not sure you actually achieved an upgraded experience with that setup. …. Bluetooth audio will always lag
The resolution and color is MUCH better on about any iPad than on the Mach-E screen.

The new iPad has very good sound. Sure it’s joy the car speakers, but it’s certainly good enough for keeping the kids occupied for 20 minutes at a time. As I said above, the 12 year old thought it was too loud.
Sponsored