Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Your choice. I apologize if my reaction was perceived as strong but consider re-reading your prior comments. Perhaps I interpreted them incorrectly but I perceived the majority as slamming Ford or saying that the opinions of others were not relevant. Made it challenging to understand why you would ever want a Mach-E if there was so much about it that you dislike and that you feel is inferior to the Tesla.
Sponsored

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Let's just take it down a notch fellas. Let's not turn this into a fanboys-only site.

At this time I don't think @Mach-MI is a troll or that he's just trying to badmouth Ford, but early on it seemed like it. Perhaps there are residual feelings from then, but I certainly don't like the tone that this thread has taken. I can therefore understand the frustrations being expressed, but we all have the same entitlement to express our opinions. If you prefer not to read his opinions, exercise your right to ignore him without shouting him down. There's enough bullying in the real world; we don't need it here.

Last edited:

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I apologize if my reaction was perceived as strong but consider re-reading your prior comments. Perhaps I interpreted them incorrectly but I perceived the majority as slamming Ford or implying that the opinions of others were ill-informed. Made it challenging to understand why you would ever want a Mach-E if there was so much about it that you dislike and that you feel is inferior to the Tesla. Nowhere have I said I perceive the product as perfect.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mach-MI thanks for the comment. I am delighted to hear that you are excited about getting your Mach-E. We can disagree on some specific preferences or have different "wish lists" but it is great to be part of this forum full of people who are excited about EVs and who feel the Mach-E is a step forward in some (if not all) ways.

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
Anyways... I remember sync4 having applications like Sirius XM, Waze, plug share, OK Ford voice commands, and Pandora. Will connectivity for these applications be free?

What I'm confused about is the "streaming over your own phone connection". Do I have to pay for a subscription to stream audio using my phone's data on SYNC4? I know there is AA/CP but I'd like native applications also.

I think having Android auto to play my music while using Ford's native navigation to be a bit memory intensive.

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
My move Is an upgrade because I have an SR+, but here are my reasons.

TLDR
I think Tesla's are great for people who don't care about cars. Tesla, to me, is just an electric car with a bunch of gimmicks/features. I think Ford offers more emotion/character to the electric car world, and that's probably why you ordered one.

In regards to company...
I don't like Tesla. I feel like they're very dishonest with numbers and constantly over promise. They always bring up bogus comparisons and try and cheat metrics. For example, the nurburgring they stitched all the fastest times in sections and claimed their cars are faster than Porsche. Did a tow battle between a tri-motor cybertruck vs a rwd work truck. Varying in 0-60 numbers by including 1ft roll out. And whatever magic they used to get a large discrepancy between real world and EPA range. Fan base is insanely toxic towards everyone else, it's almost political.

Build quality...
Meanwhile my car is riddled with quality control issues. I'm going in for my 5th service within 2 months. Issues include a broken charge ports, window regulators, trunk hitting glass, trunk hitting bumper, orange peel and uneven coated paint. Unaligned roof panel causing excessive wind noise.

Car itself...
The car looks great and brings forth all the little details that come from a mustang. I like the addition of the fake noise and how it was tuned with the mustang team. Ride will probably be better, I really dislike the model 3's ride and so do a number of Tesla forum members. It's unrefined on straights but has a lot of body roll. It's very inconsistent and it's because theres little to no travel before hitting the bumpstops. Steering is pretty disconnected and the wheel is too small for my ergonomics.

Tech...
I don't think ford will ever win in this, especially because Tesla has some IFTTT support. However, Ford has a whole team to provide features and they consider new requests. Like Tesla. Anyways here ways Ford is better... Auto park that works. Hands free level 2 driving later. Hands free tailgate. I like the UI better. I think speakers are better? I remember people saying the Tesla premium didn't sound that much better but recently read it was one of the best. I prefer having an on button so the car doesn't ready itself when I'm just getting something, not the biggest deal but my HVAC had a mildew problem because of the short bursts of AC. Accurate range reader. Blind spot monitoring. Reverse brake assist. Rear cross traffic alert.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
However, Ford has a whole team to provide features and they consider new requests. Like Tesla
My fear is that once MME rolls out, "Team Edison" will move on to other electric endeavors, like the F-150, and Lincoln brand. Once they do that, how much are they going to sit around thinking about new ideas for the MME? If they do come up with new features, will they push them out via OTA, or will they wait and only make them available in the next model year?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Anyways... I remember sync4 having applications like Sirius XM, Waze, plug share, OK Ford voice commands, and Pandora. Will connectivity for these applications be free?
Yes and no. You've got a tossed salad of apps and companies there.

OK Ford voice commands: Probably. These methods for controlling the car via internal voice, bluetooth, or mobile phone started out with 3 years free on other models but then Ford abandoned the idea of charging for these a few years ago. See responses earlier in this thread.

Sirius XM: Independent company that delivers streaming music/audio and traffic for a fee. Expect what they've always done: 1-3 months free, charge after that.

Pandora: Two issues. Do you want the free Pandora or the subscription Pandora? How do you plan to stream it, phone or MME's WiFi hotspot? What you arrange with Pandora is your business. If you plan to stream it through your phone you'll be on the hook for your phone charges but the MME interface into the infotainment system will be free. If you want to use MME's WiFi hotspot for streaming, that will be free for a short period and subscription if you want to keep it (see details above).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My fear is that once MME rolls out, "Team Edison" will move on to other electric endeavors, like the F-150, and Lincoln brand. Once they do that, how much are they going to sit around thinking about new ideas for the MME? If they do come up with new features, will they push them out via OTA, or will they wait and only make them available in the next model year?
If they don't push out regular updates to MMEs using OTA then Ford will lose its credibility to use OTA as a selling point for all of their subsequent BEV/Sync 4+ marketing. Everyone is watching the MME to see how well it rolls out and will continue to watch it as the guinea pig for Ford's electrification program. That attention will probably wane once the F-150e comes out.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Earlier versions of SYNC also have a Ford-specific phone integration called AppLink. Only some apps are compatible. With AppLink, the phone's data connection is used but it enables the app to add steering wheel initiated voice commands, audio with the car's speakers, and some limited integration to the car's display.

Based on screenshots we've seen of SYNC 4A, it looks like AppLink is carried forward with Mustang Mach-E.

So this is just another option beyond traditional Bluetooth, CarPlay, Android Auto, and whatever SYNC 4A might natively do.

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
Yeah that's a worry too but I'm sure they will have like 90% overlap in sync 4a. Drive train I'm sure they will keep updating as they learn more about the motors and batteries.

I think that was part of the point of giving this car the mustang name. I see it as kind of a promise that Ford is treating this like a flagship model.

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
Yes and no. You've got a tossed salad of apps and companies there.

OK Ford voice commands: Probably. These methods for controlling the car via internal voice, bluetooth, or mobile phone started out with 3 years free on other models but then Ford abandoned the idea of charging for these a few years ago. See responses earlier in this thread.
I think i wasn't being clear with my question. I chose those applications because I saw in a Sync4a demo where they had these applications. My question is whether or not we have to pay for cellular service to stream from the car. Not necessarily whether or not the subscription is free. The reason I'm asking has to do with UI. If I'm playing Spotify through bluetooth audio, I'll still have to use my phone to search for different songs or switch playlists. I'd prefer to have a built in UI. Tesla has a spotify app in there but you need to pay $10/month subscription to use the UI. I was wondering if that was included in Ford. Again this isn't a big deal because there is wireless AA/CP.

In terms of voice commands, OK FORD, I saw a demo where you could ask it localized questions. Like "how's the weather", "how are the Laker's doing", "Let's get coffee along the way". My hunch is that all 3 of that is free but I'm wondering if there is any confirmation.
Sponsored