Mach-E streaming?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Whe
Whereas I’m hoping that Ford doesn’t focus on developing a system centered around a subscription service. I already pay a lot for cell service and prefer a system that relies on that as much as possible.
Just goes to show that there’s no solution that fits everyone’s desires.
Sponsored

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
My personal issue with using the car's LTE modem is that AT&T get's bad service in my area and I have unlimited data. I know that's not true for others including you. My ideal is to use my phone's data but the car's interface. If anything i'll just use AA/CP.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think i wasn't being clear with my question. I chose those applications because I saw in a Sync4a demo where they had these applications. My question is whether or not we have to pay for cellular service to stream from the car. Not necessarily whether or not the subscription is free. The reason I'm asking has to do with UI. If I'm playing Spotify through bluetooth audio, I'll still have to use my phone to search for different songs or switch playlists. I'd prefer to have a built in UI. Tesla has a spotify app in there but you need to pay $10/month subscription to use the UI. I was wondering if that was included in Ford. Again this isn't a big deal because there is wireless AA/CP.

In terms of voice commands, OK FORD, I saw a demo where you could ask it localized questions. Like "how's the weather", "how are the Laker's doing", "Let's get coffee along the way". My hunch is that all 3 of that is free but I'm wondering if there is any confirmation.
As I stated before:
If you want to use MME's WiFi hotspot for streaming, that will be free for a short period and subscription if you want to keep it.

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
As I stated before:
gotcha. i misunderstood because I thought you meant I could pay to use for a wifi hotspot for my phone to stream music which made no sense to me.

So it sounds like without the Wifi HotSpot subscription, the Mach-E music streaming interface would be useless aside from your standard play/pause/back/forward.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
gotcha. i misunderstood because I thought you meant I could pay to use for a wifi hotspot for my phone to stream music which made no sense to me.

So it sounds like without the Wifi HotSpot subscription, the Mach-E music streaming interface would be useless aside from your standard play/pause/back/forward.
No, I don't believe that's true. As I said earlier (https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-streaming.288/post-30361), some apps like Pandora also offer compatibility with Ford AppLink. Those are the apps you saw in the sync demo screens, plus some more that weren't shown. Those apps use your mobile data on your phone and communicate to the sync system via Bluetooth (Android) or USB (iOS).

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
No, I don't believe that's true. As I said earlier (https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-streaming.288/post-30361), some apps like Pandora also offer compatibility with Ford AppLink. Those are the apps you saw in the sync demo screens, plus some more that weren't shown. Those apps use your mobile data on your phone and communicate to the sync system via Bluetooth (Android) or USB (iOS).
Sorry I totally missed that comment. That looks GREAT! Hopefully there will be more supported apps.
Sponsored