NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I'm actually a fan of black wheels on white cars. I know some have said otherwise but I feel the sharp contrast really draws attention to the car. It's not for everyone I guess... but white exterior with black accents throughout is def something I'm looking to do once I take delivery of mine!
Sponsored

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I'm actually a fan of black wheels on white cars. I know some have said otherwise but I feel the sharp contrast really draws attention to the car. It's not for everyone I guess... but white exterior with black accents throughout is def something I'm looking to do once I take delivery of mine!
Its not the white car the problem necessarily its the black arches. If the arches were body color then black would look great.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Its not the white car the problem necessarily its the black arches. If the arches were body color then black would look great.
Ahhh, gotcha. I can see how some might have a problem with that, it hadn't even crossed my mind that the arches being black would affect the look of the wheels.

The GT is being sold with exterior color matching arches, I wonder if these parts would be available once the GT begins delivery and would fit seamlessly on say a premium trim?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In another thread where we were talking about the fender moldings, I mentioned that they are available two ways from Ford. Gloss black and primed ready to paint. It is the same moulding so it will fit on any of the models. I am getting an Infinite blue premium and changing the wheels out for black ones. Because of this, I ordered the primed moldings and will have them painted the body color as I like the look of this better with the black wheels.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
In another thread where we were talking about the fender moldings, I mentioned that they are available two ways from Ford. Gloss black and primed ready to paint. It is the same moulding so it will fit on any of the models. I am getting an Infinite blue premium and changing the wheels out for black ones. Because of this, I ordered the primed moldings and will have them painted the body color as I like the look of this better with the black wheels.
Good to know! Would you happen to have a link to the Ford parts number for the moldings? Curious to know how much they run.

Does Ford not also sell the moldings already painted to match the exterior colors like in the FE or the GT? I wonder if someone with an FE was to get damage to the molding and look to replace it, that they'd need to get a primed one as well and have to paint to match.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I do not have the part numbers off hand but will tomorrow or Friday and will post them. They are VERY expensive like around $200 each I think. Correct, Ford DOES NOT sell them already painted. Can you imagine the amount of inventory they would need to have all of these moldings in painted colors?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I meant to post these part numbers for the primed front fender and rear quarter panel mouldings last week. As I said before, they are very expensive and probably would be best if someone wanted to change them from gloss black to body color should just have the gloss black ones painted. About $970 for all four primed mouldings which is insane not to mention then you have to have them painted.

LJ8Z-16038-BAPTM Left front moulding
LJ8Z-16039-BAPTM Right front moulding
LJ8Z-58290A60-BAPTM Left rear moulding
LJ8Z-58290A61-BAPTM Right rear moulding

Mhood

First Name
Myia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Implementation Project Manger
Country flag
What about chrome & black (5 spoke) rims? Has anyone seen or have these on a star white MME?

Mr.Doug

First Name
Mr.Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E -Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I don’t get it. You basically can’t see the wheels now. How is that attractive? Wheels look good when they are big and shiny. Period.
IMHO in todays world, shiny wheels on a NEW car look K-Mart.. I Painted mine Shiny Black and get lots of compliments.. Just my 3 cents.. :)

Mr.Doug

First Name
Mr.Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I had mine Painted Shiny Black on Star White Premium ASAP. Takes away the Subaru look.. :) :)

Last edited:

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
IMHO in todays world, shiny wheels on a NEW car look K-Mart.. I Painted mine Shiny Black and get lots of compliments.. Just my 3 cents.. :)
It’s totally trendy and you’re right, lots of people love the look! I’m still attached to shiny, silver wheels though. I guess I’m old school!?

Mr.Doug

First Name
Mr.Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
It’s totally trendy and you’re right, lots of people love the look! I’m still attached to shiny, silver wheels though. I guess I’m old school!?
Hi, My Wife likes Shiny Silver as well.. just a matter of choice... Actually, I like both..
Sponsored