Jeffgorwitz

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Good morning, I have a new 2022 Mach-E GT. When I purchased the vehicle, it had not been updated since delivery, and an OTA update would not take. I brought it to my dealer, and it took ONE MONTH to get everything updated and working finally. (On a side note, I had a 2023 Premium Mach E that was a lemon, and Ford repurchased it.)

My question about Blue Cruise is that it is wildly inconsistent. It comes on and then goes off immediately, even in prime driving conditions. It's never actually been activated longer than a few minutes. Is that a common issue with Blue Cruise? I feel it should always be "ON," and let the drive turn off or on at our discretion.

Any advice would be appreciated. And one more question. Does anyone know when they will be rolling out automatic lane change in the older models. I had it for my 2023 and it was a really nice feature.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
BlueCruise 1.2 will be rolled out at some point this year for 2021 and 2022 vehicles.

Handsfree should work on your vehicle on divided highways, if you travel at 80mph or less.

OP
OP

Jeffgorwitz

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
I was wondering it it was a speed issue. So it won't work at speeds above 80MPH?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I was wondering it it was a speed issue. So it won't work at speeds above 80MPH?
Correct. Handsfree driving is limited to 80mph or less. If you go up to 81 for a few seconds, and then back down, you may not lose it, but stay there and it will tell you to grab the wheel.
Sponsored