BlueCruise Subscription Refund Issues from Trade In

JuliaSWMME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE Nite Pony
Country flag
Not sure where this thread belongs - bit of an unusual situation.

I bought a 2021 premium in March 2021 and it came with 3 years of BlueCruise, expiring at the end of March 2024. Only had BC 1.1, never got the upgrade to 1.3. In January, Ford offered a discounted rate for the next 3 years to 2021 owners. I decided to buy it hoping an active subscription may prompt an OTA to 1.3. (I don't know what I was thinking) and I could finally get lane change capabilities.

At the end of Feb, I read about the price drops and ended up trading in my 21 for a 23 GTPE. The dealer told me to contact Ford Canada for a refund of the subscription I had paid for in January since the new purchase came with a 3 year complementary subscription, along with the other connected services subs. In Fordpass, the message popped up the day I added the car to my account.

I called Ford Connected Services in Canada, explained the situation and gave them my Fordpass info, provided the past VIN, receipt info, etc. Ford Canada has denied the refund request, saying its non-transferable and non-refundable. They claimed the value was factored in with trade in, but the dealer was clear they have nothing to do with connected services and fees. I would accept this response if I sold the car outright, but in this case I've now paid for a service twice by their logic.

I am pretty sure this is against consumer protection laws in my province and will continue to pursue for my refund. I wanted to share a warning for anyone who may have traded in recently and paid for BC in case this comes up for you too.
Sponsored

AngryMan

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OLD 2021 Select , NEW 2023 GT...RED !
Occupation
Living the good life
Country flag
Does BlueCruise come with any type of paperwork ? A contract agreement ? I just traded in my Select and got refunded the extended warranty and the tire coverage. The address and procedure was spelled out in the paperwork . Took about 2 weeks for the check to come .

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Only had BC 1.1, never got the upgrade to 1.3.
You had 1.0. Nobody has been upgraded to 1.3.

When you paid the $600, it said that you would have 14 days to cancel and get a refund. After that it would be nonrefundable and stay with the car. We may not like it, but those were the terms and conditions you agreed to.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The service belongs to the car. You shouldn't have upgraded if you planned on selling. It is non-transferable.

OP
OP
JuliaSWMME

JuliaSWMME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE Nite Pony
Country flag
You had 1.0. Nobody has been upgraded to 1.3.

When you paid the $600, it said that you would have 14 days to cancel and get a refund. After that it would be nonrefundable and stay with the car. We may not like it, but those were the terms and conditions you agreed to.
Hmm, I guess you're psychic and knew the price reductions were going to hit back in Jan? LOL!! Maybe I'm wrong with BC version, but I meant the version that can change lanes. MANY people had that version, not sure what you're talking about.

I was happy to pay for a reduced subscription back in Jan for the model I had. But paying for something twice is totally different, especially when the dealer told me I could get a refund. Given that the model I have now came with 3 years, getting a refund of the service for a car I no longer own is not unreasonable. So weird that you chimed in when you don't seem grasp the full situation

The service belongs to the car. You shouldn't have upgraded if you planned on selling. It is non-transferable.
Interesting, their is no where stating that the service belongs to the car, Ford connected services told me it's tied to actually tied to Fordpass accounts.

Clearly reading comprehension seems to be an issue. As if I knew in Jan that I would be looking at a trade in. WOW people 😂😂

OP
OP
JuliaSWMME

JuliaSWMME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE Nite Pony
Country flag
Does BlueCruise come with any type of paperwork ? A contract agreement ? I just traded in my Select and got refunded the extended warranty and the tire coverage. The address and procedure was spelled out in the paperwork . Took about 2 weeks for the check to come .
Technically yes, there is a license agreement that you have to agree to. I'm not surprised they are being like this with a software service, but it's terrible customer service. I had my other stuff like warranty and internet service refunded for the trade in, this is the ONLY thing that I haven't been able to resolve easily. Everyone else has refunded me so quickly when they understand the trade in. Ford Connected Services makes no sense!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So weird that you chimed in when you don't seem grasp the full situation
You're right, I clearly don't grasp the situation. It must be since I'm so new here. Or maybe it's because of the bad habit I have of reading terms and conditions before I agree to them.

If the dealer told you that you could get a refund, just show them where they put it in writing so they can't get out of it.

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
I'd say it's a negotiation point with the dealer.... maybe they can take $600 off the new car since they'll probably price in the subscription with the resale of the car?

I'm debating trading up as well and did do the $600...
Sponsored