John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
This is a fascinating read. I think I'm going to go to my dealership and request that the part gets ordered -- I never did get my snail mail letter from ford saying part available, go ahead and get it installed.

I'm sure I can find it elsewhere on the forum (although so far I haven't found it) but does anybody offhand know the specified, current, not rebuilt, no baling wire part number I should insist they install? The car is a '22, rear-drive CA-R1.
Sponsored

OP
OP
danielcb

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Another thing I forgot to mention was that the Ford Canada representative mentioned that for this recall, only the VIN number is sufficient to have the HVBJB ordered, ahead of a scheduled service date.

So you don't need to hand over your card to the dealership and then have to wait the part to be ordered.

She also mentioned that the HVBJB was in-stock, so no delays should be expected.

Just the communication hasn't been that great through this whole process, with my specific dealership.

OP
OP
danielcb

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have some updates to share, and oh boy, it got even worse thanks to stupid Ford Dealerships.

I just completed over than a month with my car stuck at the dealership. Got one proactive call from them with the status update just to say they had no status and that they were waiting for parts one week after I dropped the car.

Fast Forward to now, I called the dealership last week, spoke with the Parts Department and to my surprise, the guy from Parts department said that there is only one order for my car and that part they are waiting is the actual HVBJB. Not any extra part they needed or anything else.

So, when the Ford Customer service representative called the dealership Manager, they seem to have outrightly lied about why by service was taking that long and created that story that they were awaiting on some other part

Currently, I'm on a queue waiting the HVBJB around the #65 position with an approximate ETA of 2 to 3 more weeks.

It seems that in total I will have waited 2 Months to get this recall done and to make things even worse, they charged my car to 100% while testing the fix for a problem with L2 charging.

It would be great to get some help from @Ford Motor Company and @Ford of Canada about that, to be honest...

As an advice for everyone here:

1- Be far, far away from Key West Ford in New Westminster in Vancouver, the are simple not professional at all.
2- Make sure to select a Dealership that has had a decent experience with EVs and preferably a High Volume of sales and vetted technicians.
3- For the HVBJB recall, this is a special parts order and thus the Dealership should order the part by just providing your details and the VIN number ahead of your scheduled appointment.
Sponsored