Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer states that ford has a hold on any updates to be able to use bluecruise

I have owned this vehicle since 2021 and have been waiting to try the Bluecruse.

The over the air updates did not work and directs me to the dealer to install.

Tired of all the reasons why I cannot get the software, such as the dealer will need the car for three days, or smaller dealer in my state could not complete my request even though they had the vehicle for over ten days.

My last trip in over a month ago dealer claim ford will not allow they to preform the need software update, when I brought vehicle in for the second key fob.

What gives any input would be great.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
All I can tell you is my experience. The dealer in my town is relatively small, they have sold 3 MMEs and 2 Lightnings. 1 of each was a demo (FCTP). In other words, they’re not some huge mega-dealer that services scores of EVs.

When the notice came out in 2021 about taking the car in to get BC enabled, I made an appointment (about a week out), and they had my car less than a day in total. I don’t recall if I left it overnight or not.
I picked up the car, headed out to the Interstate, and hands-free BC worked fine.

Unless something has drastically changed for the worse, it sounds like you need to find a competent dealer.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Unless something has drastically changed for the worse, it sounds like you need to find a competent dealer.
I believe the BlueCruise CSP is still on hold, so that may not be an option.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I can’t speak to your specific situation, but I can tell you that running module updates can take a lot of time. Most of that time is idle, with the computer and the car doing the update, but it still requires someone to tend to things. To get my car up to date took 2 days of somewhat steady work on my part with FDRS. I think another question from someone who uses Blue Cruise with frequency is: when will there be a meaningful increase in pre-mapped roads for HFBC? It seems that work has stagnated for over 8 months.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I believe the BlueCruise CSP is still on hold, so that may not be an option.
That’s kind of what I was thinking when I said “…unless things…changed for the worse…”

RobC

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select AWD
Occupation
Data Analyst
Country flag
I have a Job 1 and am still waiting for Blue Cruise. I have been calling Ford monthly since November 2022 to get the status. On 3/25 they told me it would no longer be on hold by mid April, and I should have it the second half of April. Needless to say, I still don't have it. I called again on 5/13 and was told it's on hold. I expressed my regrets about trusting Ford, and they asked if I'd be interested in a buyback. Absolutely! They got back to me within a week and denied it because there haven't been enough attempts to fix it, even though the dealers that I contacted wouldn't or couldn't make an attempt to fix it.

I've been really patient. Now I'm really ticked off. It's a huge feature of the car, and I've been waiting almost two years now. It looks like I'll be filing for arbitration in the hope that Ford might finally start paying attention and either compensate the early adopters that trusted Ford (like me), or better yet, get this fixed.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
BlueCruise CSP is active again. Dealers can install it again
Sponsored