Bluetooth Audio option or only when using CarPlay?

drwhipps

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Country flag
It's probably right in front of me on the SYNC screen - but I'm missing it .....
Is there an option to stream Bluetooth audio? The online manual says there should be an audio option at the top of the Radio menu to choose sources. I cannot seem to find this one. I am able to stream using CarPlay without a problem, but don't want that to be my only choice for music or phone. I'm guessing this would only be an option when CarPlay is disabled or not connected?
I have an iPhone 8.
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
It's probably right in front of me on the SYNC screen - but I'm missing it .....
Is there an option to stream Bluetooth audio? The online manual says there should be an audio option at the top of the Radio menu to choose sources. I cannot seem to find this one. I am able to stream using CarPlay without a problem, but don't want that to be my only choice for music or phone. I'm guessing this would only be an option when CarPlay is disabled or not connected?
I have an iPhone 8.
You're probably correct in that you'd need to disable Carplay within the Sync4A system for your phone in order to stream audio via Bluetooth.

Can't say I'd ever have a reason to do so, since almost all media apps on an iPhone work via Carplay as well. Carplay would theoretically give better audio since it's streaming via Wifi instead of Bluetooth.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I don't have experience with CarPlay, but with Android Auto, the first thing it does when you plug it in is pair itself to bluetooth for audio. Even when controlling like Spotify from the car screen, If I open something on my phone that plays audio, it plays through the car speakers. All my phones audio is going through the car at that point. No need to switch sources.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
If sync4 is like my sync3 system then once you have bluetooth paired your phone you go into sources and touch bluetooth devices and then you should be able to play music from your phone rather than through android auto/car play. Look at the Bluetooth heading in the owners manual (page 350)if yours is the same as ours

OP
OP

drwhipps

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Country flag
Well I finally found the option! It shows up on what I believe is the profile screen(?) to select its the Bluetooth menu option. (In this pic next to the owners manual.)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Bluetooth Audio option or only when using CarPlay? 1613153824320

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have an iPhone 8.
I had the same issue. Press the center App button at the top of the screen. A dozen or so apps appear, one has the Bluetooth symbol. I touch that and the sound system switches to whatever is open on my connected phone - Pandora, Podcast, or Audible books. I have not gotten Android Auto to work correctly, but not needed for bluetooth streaming from my phone.
Sponsored