Finn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD UR
Occupation
Senior Analyst
Country flag
I have not experienced it myself, but many post there brake failure here in Denmark.
I have seen 69 rappoting their problems and TGET claim that Ford Can not find a problem.
This is not very Nice so I wunder if you have the same problems in US.
The problem is that the brakes do not work when the brake pedal id pressed!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Nope, I’m not aware of any brake failure incidents in the USA short of total 12V electrical failure which is extremely rare.

There is a mechanical failsafe at the very end of pedal travel. If the brakes suddenly don’t work, you need to press the pedal AS HARD AS YOU CAN (>50 kgf) to use the mechanical override.

I assume you guys know what ABS feels like so it’s not that right?

OP
OP

FB Sommer

First Name
Finn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD UR
Occupation
Senior Analyst
Country flag
Thank you, I will remember that.

Have you tried the electrical emergency handbrake?
I seems also to be a possibility. To ude that in case of a brake failure.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thank you, I will remember that.

Have you tried the electrical emergency handbrake?
I seems also to be a possibility. To ude that in case of a brake failure.
Yes, that will use the same ABS brake system however. If there’s an electrical or brake unit failure it won’t work. So it’s best to mash the pedal hard.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
My experience, because the friction brakes aren’t used at speeds that prevent corrosion, if I don’t force them to clean themselves for a couple weeks, braking action is very weak for the first 200ft of a hard stop. A second acceleration and braking returns stopping distance to normal. So no failure, but certainly a degradation due to corrosion.

OP
OP

FB Sommer

First Name
Finn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD UR
Occupation
Senior Analyst
Country flag
Ok, I try to use the brakes for a Hart braking to get the rust OFF

steve.panse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
My experience, because the friction brakes aren’t used at speeds that prevent corrosion, if I don’t force them to clean themselves for a couple weeks, braking action is very weak for the first 200ft of a hard stop. A second acceleration and braking returns stopping distance to normal. So no failure, but certainly a degradation due to corrosion.
I’m confused by people saying this…the car transitions to the brake calipers at the end of every stop and in reverse...should be enough to wipe off the surface corrosion after a few normal low speed stops. If it’s taking you 200 ft on a hard stop either you started at 90 MPH or something’s wrong with your car.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I’m confused by people saying this…the car transitions to the brake calipers at the end of every stop and in reverse...should be enough to wipe off the surface corrosion after a few normal low speed stops. If it’s taking you 200 ft on a hard stop either you started at 90 MPH or something’s wrong with your car.
Weather and road conditions in upstate NY are rather different compared to those in FL. That may account for the differing experiences.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nope, I’m not aware of any brake failure incidents in the USA short of total 12V electrical failure which is extremely rare.

There is a mechanical failsafe at the very end of pedal travel. If the brakes suddenly don’t work, you need to press the pedal AS HARD AS YOU CAN (>50 kgf) to use the mechanical override.

I assume you guys know what ABS feels like so it’s not that right?
There was another post on this issue and if I remember correctly the complaint is their brakes failed after getting wet. I may be mis-remembering but it was about a week ago.

Here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/brake-issues.33865/

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I never had that problem in the past 8 years of EV driving either.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Yes the car transitions to the calipers for the last 4 MPH or so of each stop. If you’re not moving quickly, those last 4MPH may require 4-8 rotations of the tire which isn’t a lot of friction between the pads and the rotors. I live in a land of salt, sand, humidity, and RUST. I can feel the grinding as the corrosion and dirt are cleaned off and finally the pads start to grab. But yes, I am also doing this “cleaning routine” at about 60 MPH. That mimics what would happen in an emergency braking from speed.
Sponsored