llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm leaning towards waiting. I've always been hesitant of buying a new car in the first model year. Particularly one like the Mach-e that has brand new technology. Prices will come down in the future as production of BEV cars increase. And, I'm really looking forward to a Mustang 2 Door Coupe to come out that has the traditional Mustang look.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I think you might have answered your question.

A couple of thoughts though:

First, prices will be coming down for electric vehicle battery technology for many years to come. There will never be a time when it's "just right."

Second, there's no guarantee there will be a "traditional" looking Mustang BEV. It's not as simple as yanking out gearboxes and an engine and putting some batteries in it. Batteries, even the new Tesla tabless battery takes up a lot of room and adds significant weight. While a BEV 2 door coupe Mustang may very well appeal to many it can't be done quickly. Development will take time.

So that seems to leave you with waiting until something genuinely piques your interest. Nothing wrong with that btw. Or consider waiting until the 2022 or 2023 Mustang Mach-e model year when the early innovator, early adopter issues with the car are resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

Or take the plunge. ;)

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Also consider the current tax incentive. Will it be there next year?

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
It is the first new car I buy, it is the first model year, that’s why I took the extended guarantee (7 years 200k km). Did you see the car in real? The MME looks good on pictures but it is gorgeous in real. Now that I took delivery, I found something beyond my imagination, it is really amazing ? if you want to have fun driving I recommend it
Sponsored