First Name
Fredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mazda 3 hatchback
Country flag
Hi all,

Does anyone (especially those from California) familiar with the state's EV incentive programs? I never purchase a EV before (Mach E will be my first one) and did some researches on the state's EV incentive programs. The California's clean vehicle rebate project(https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/eligible-vehicles) provides 1k-2k (4.5k for hydrogen) to eligible EV buyers but the EV purchased has to be one of those approved (aka eligible) vehicles. I didn't find Mach E on the list (but all other manufacturer's EVs are listed on it, even Polestar2). I called Mach E marketing and they told me to talk to the state agency. I called the state agency and they told me the manufacturer has to proactively submitted their vehicle for board review and approval (All eligible buyers have to submit their rebate application within 3 months of vehicle purchase). Did any CA buyers find this as an issue? Does other's state programs also has the same issue too? My experience with Ford's corporate is beyond satisfaction but I do like what's Ford did and the Mach E itself. If Ford is serious and want to engaged CA market, shouldn't they are more proactively reach out to state administration to get everything setup ahead of time?

I also eligible (barely) for the state's grant program (Clean Vehicle Assistance Program) but my dealership (Encinitas Ford) wasn't listed as approved dealership (the program requires buyer to go to purchase the vehicle at a approved dealership after application approval). I called the dealership and spoke with the sales manager, and I am shocked they don't even know all these programs (He only vaguely said the tax credit/incentive, as well as veteran/military discount). I told him to get approval with the program asap or I may have to switch dealership again (Even my original non responsive dealership is part of the approved dealership on the program. Does anyone check whether your dealership is part of the approved dealerships?

Thanks,

Fredo
Mach E premium RWD extended
Sponsored

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Hi all,

Does anyone (especially those from California) familiar with the state's EV incentive programs? I never purchase a EV before (Mach E will be my first one) and did some researches on the state's EV incentive programs. The California's clean vehicle rebate project(https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/eligible-vehicles) provides 1k-2k (4.5k for hydrogen) to eligible EV buyers but the EV purchased has to be one of those approved (aka eligible) vehicles. I didn't find Mach E on the list (but all other manufacturer's EVs are listed on it, even Polestar2). I called Mach E marketing and they told me to talk to the state agency. I called the state agency and they told me the manufacturer has to proactively submitted their vehicle for board review and approval (All eligible buyers have to submit their rebate application within 3 months of vehicle purchase). Did any CA buyers find this as an issue? Does other's state programs also has the same issue too? My experience with Ford's corporate is beyond satisfaction but I do like what's Ford did and the Mach E itself. If Ford is serious and want to engaged CA market, shouldn't they are more proactively reach out to state administration to get everything setup ahead of time?

I also eligible (barely) for the state's grant program (Clean Vehicle Assistance Program) but my dealership (Encinitas Ford) wasn't listed as approved dealership (the program requires buyer to go to purchase the vehicle at a approved dealership after application approval). I called the dealership and spoke with the sales manager, and I am shocked they don't even know all these programs (He only vaguely said the tax credit/incentive, as well as veteran/military discount). I told him to get approval with the program asap or I may have to switch dealership again (Even my original non responsive dealership is part of the approved dealership on the program. Does anyone check whether your dealership is part of the approved dealerships?

Thanks,

Fredo
Fredo - I have used the CA program before. While slow (aren't all govt programs), I did get the available payment. I'm sure the Mach E is not listed yet because it is not for sale yet, but I'm sure that Ford will get it there. They are certainly aware since on my reservation it shows at the bottom that it will qualify for the $2k CVRP payment. I didn't need to do anything before purchase - just needed to submit application shortly after purchase. Don't know about "eligible" dealers, but I would think any new car dealer would be acceptable. It looks like the link you have posted is for the lower income grant program - if that's what you meant to post, you may be correct. There are limits to cost of vehicle and your income for CVRP - I think MSRP must be less than $60k (I don't think the GT will qualify, but other trims will) and I think HH income must be below $300k. I believe the CVRP will also provide an HOV access sticker for some period of time.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi all,

Thanks,

Fredo
I did and got a "go pound sand" response from my original dealer. I switched dealers and now with Fremont Ford in nor cal. They are on both of the programs I qualify for.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Hi all,

Thanks,

Fredo
Hi,
1. MachE is now on the CVRP list
2. If your dealer is on it, then you would also qualify for the Clean Fuel Reward of $1500
This page might give you more incentives:
https://ev.pge.com/incentives/

Gaigan71

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Grey Route 1
Occupation
Education
Country flag
I got the Clean Vehicle Assistance Grant. It took about 8 weeks to come through, but can take longer, I was very quick to supply any additional paperwork they requested. It is valid for 125 days. It also provides up to $2k for a charger install. None of my local dealers are signed up for the program so I had to go to one further away that did. The CVAG has a list of requirements for a qualifying vehicle and not specific car names.

I am getting concerned that my certificate will expire before my order arrives. Maybe I Can reapply. I haven't checked into it yet.

Reactions: UW2

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I got the Clean Vehicle Assistance Grant. It took about 8 weeks to come through, but can take longer, I was very quick to supply any additional paperwork they requested. It is valid for 125 days. It also provides up to $2k for a charger install. None of my local dealers are signed up for the program so I had to go to one further away that did. The CVAG has a list of requirements for a qualifying vehicle and not specific car names.

I am getting concerned that my certificate will expire before my order arrives. Maybe I Can reapply. I haven't checked into it yet.
You could ask for an extension of the date, showing them your order and reason for delay

Gaigan71

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Grey Route 1
Occupation
Education
Country flag
You could ask for an extension of the date, showing them your order and reason for delay

That is a possibility.

My current lease's 6 month extension will have expired 3 weeks before the certificate. The ducks are not lining up. Fingers crossed I get a build on Thursday this week. My other hope is for a cancelled order.

Ructtel

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR RWD, Chevy Bolt, Subaru Outback
Country flag
I received the $2k CVRP and $1k SCE Clean Fuel discount on my 2017 Chevy Bolt. But I lost out on some local incentives that I did not know of. You can now search for local California rebates here https://driveclean.ca.gov/search-incentives.

The SCE rebate has been replaced with a $1500 Clean Fuel point of sale discount (https://www.cleanfuelreward.com). Make sure your dealer signs up for this program before your delivery. As of now, my dealer (AV Ford) is not on the list, but I will reminder them again.

The CRVP rebate is now limited to one per person but I checked via email and they said if your first claim was before 12/3/2019, you can apply for one additional rebate. Or, since the limit is per person (not per household) you can submit it your spouse's name.

Raybdc97

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Na
Country flag
I received the $2k CVRP and $1k SCE Clean Fuel discount on my 2017 Chevy Bolt. But I lost out on some local incentives that I did not know of. You can now search for local California rebates here https://driveclean.ca.gov/search-incentives.

The SCE rebate has been replaced with a $1500 Clean Fuel point of sale discount (https://www.cleanfuelreward.com). Make sure your dealer signs up for this program before your delivery. As of now, my dealer (AV Ford) is not on the list, but I will reminder them again.

The CRVP rebate is now limited to one per person but I checked via email and they said if your first claim was before 12/3/2019, you can apply for one additional rebate. Or, since the limit is per person (not per household) you can submit it your spouse's name.
I too ordered thru AV Ford.
I too have been hammering them "Julie" about the $1500 rebate and signing up to be a qualified dealership. I too have not been given a clear answer as to where they stand.. All I get is "I know someone is looking into it". I should receive my Mach E about Mid March (I think).

Have you heard any more news on the dealership qualifying?

My best,
Ray

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Applied for CVRP rebate for $2000.00 4-23-21 and was approved 9-13-21. Up to 90 days for check.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
CVRP is again on a waiting list. Once I get my car I am going to apply.

I don’t fall into eligibility for the CVAP so I have nothing on that.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Type in ford mustang, or mach-e. if you type "mach e" it wont show. shitty search feature.

Ford Mustang Mach-E California state EV programs 1631825188823
Sponsored