Can’t change Speedometer in Cluster from kmph to mph

Alderon007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Gray FE
Country flag
Hi all! Just took delivery today and LOVE the car. For some reason, at some point on my trip home my instrument cluster started displaying my speed in kilometers/hr (big characters) with a much smaller mph to the right of it. I’ve tried changing the units a few times back and forth in settings but nothing seems to fix it. Am I missing something really small??? I searched through the forum and the instruction manual but nothing really seemed to lead me to the solution
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If you're sure the units are MPH, then the last resort is to reboot sync: On the right side of the steering wheel hold down the "right seek" and push down on the volume down toggle simultaneously for 10 seconds

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Hi all! Just took delivery today and LOVE the car. For some reason, at some point on my trip home my instrument cluster started displaying my speed in kilometers/hr (big characters) with a much smaller mph to the right of it. I’ve tried changing the units a few times back and forth in settings but nothing seems to fix it. Am I missing something really small??? I searched through the forum and the instruction manual but nothing really seemed to lead me to the solution
COngrats - and see if what @timbop suggested works. Just be aware that Such inability to change settings or settings going back to default or changing on their own seem to occur. Option seems to reset sync and see if that fixes the issue among other solutions folks have tried

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
There's an option called "show km/h". It's the last item (you need to scroll to see it) on one of the setting page (I don't remember which, but it's the same page where you choose units).

If that is flipped on and the chosen unit is mph, the car will show mph with small font and km/h with large font. You need to flip that off.

OP
OP

Alderon007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Gray FE
Country flag
Thanks RyZt!!! That was the trick! I found the “Display Kilometers/hr” checkbox and unchecked it. Not sure how I made that change in the first place, but undoing it fixed it for me! Thanks to everyone who helped out!

Gil McC

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Shelby GT500, 20Infinity G37X, 2021 MME GT PE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There's an option called "show km/h". It's the last item (you need to scroll to see it) on one of the setting page (I don't remember which, but it's the same page where you choose units).

If that is flipped on and the chosen unit is mph, the car will show mph with small font and km/h with large font. You need to flip that off.
Thank you, I couldn't find it in the manual so did what you suggested and I'm now a happy MPH camper again.

jmaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag

Thanks for the info. It's on the "vehicle" tab.

I just took delivery and the car was set to kilometers

UnforAll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E 4x Premium IB; '13 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Occupation
Grad Student
Country flag
After getting Power-Up 3.5.4 last week my car had the usual radio presets going away for a while, but also switched to km/h in large font and MPH in small -- a first for me. Searched the manual, but as always forum members came through with the info!
Edited to add that noticed the following day that the clock measurement units reverted to 12-hour from 24-hour format after the OTA.

Last edited:

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Being near the bottom of a long settings page its easy to knock it and not realise.
I use it a bit when travelling in the southern states of Canada, like Washington, Oregon, etc.

UnforAll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E 4x Premium IB; '13 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Occupation
Grad Student
Country flag
Being near the bottom of a long settings page its easy to knock it and not realise.
I use it a bit when travelling in the southern states of Canada, like Washington, Oregon, etc.
Similarly, I realize that it would be useful when travelling to the northern U.S. provinces and territories. 54° 40′ or Fight! ;)
Sponsored