Can Fusion Energi Use Mach-E’s 240-Volt Charger?

AllenS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD in Star White
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Sorry for what is probably a dumb question. I got what seems like lucky and found and purchased the exact Mach-E I wanted, in the exact color (well, not the exact color; if it were still available I would have ordered one in infinite blue) right on a local dealer’s lot.

So far I’ve been using the 120-volt outlet in the garage to charge, but am getting a 240-volt, NEMA 14-50 outlet installed next week, to use with the other plug that comes with the Mach-E charger. (Not currently planning on adding an EV charging station, since the charging times from just the 240-volt outlet are fine for my situation.)

I’ve already found the Mach-E charger works fine on my wife’s Fusion Energi while plugged into the 120-volt outlet, enabling us to not have to plug and unplug the separate chargers.

The Fusion can use 240-volt power, but at a lower amp draw. So my question is, using the Mach-E charger on the Fusion while it’s plugged into a 240-volt, 50-amp outlet won’t cause any damage, will it? My assumption is that the Fusion just won’t pull more amps than it needs, same as when they tell us we can plug our 30-amp RV into 50-amp outlets while camping.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Sorry for what is probably a dumb question. I got what seems like lucky and found and purchased the exact Mach-E I wanted, in the exact color (well, not the exact color; if it were still available I would have ordered one in infinite blue) right on a local dealer’s lot.

So far I’ve been using the 120-volt outlet in the garage to charge, but am getting a 250-volt, NEMA 15-50 outlet installed next week, to use with the other plug that comes with the Mach-E charger. (Not currently planning on adding an EV charging station, since the charging times from just the 250-
Any car with a J-1772 port can use any L1 or L2 charger with a J-1772 plug.

OP
OP
AllenS

AllenS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD in Star White
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Any car with a J-1772 port can use any L1 or L2 charger with a J-1772 plug.
Thanks, and thanks for being able to answer the incompletely posted question. (On the iPhone, the forum page jumps around whenever an ad pops up, so I accidentally hit the post button prior to completing and editing the question.)

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The fusion Energi will pull 16 amps at 240 volts. It will charge in slightly over 2 hours.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
(On the iPhone, the forum page jumps around whenever an ad pops up, so I accidentally hit the post button prior to completing and editing the question.)
You already got the answer to your question, but I just wanted to acknowledge this forum behavior that you pointed out when the ads load. The same thing happens from an iPad, and it’s extremely frustrating. The forum didn’t used to behave this way, so they must have changed something with the way ads are loaded. @Administrator , I don’t suppose there’s anything that can be done to remedy this issue?
Sponsored