Cannonball record broken on public DCFC!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Lucky guy! The Taycan is such an amazing vehicle. I wish I could get one, but cant swing having 2 p cars at the same time.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
hey they literally went to my local EA station lol where I posted elsewhere on here them putting those stations in. I wish I knew when they were there; I would have said hello ?

(the 350 kW stations didn't work, the 150 kW did)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
hmm "guess - oh - mee - ter"

I always read that word as "guess - ah - meh - ter"

this random observation from the video while I'm watching it brought to you my GoGoGadgetMachE that's right GoGoGadgetMachE your trusted home for random live observations during YouTube watching since earlier today.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
another tech failure at about 1:09:00... who made this car, $TSLA?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
also to get to something serious for a second - they had serious EA support, like talking to them live as they went and all, and they still had the weirdness they had.

It's all software and it can be fixed, but I admit it doesn't give me the fuzziest of feelings about EA when even with that much support - support normal people like me will never get - they had this much trouble.

of course we don't know (at least as of 1:12:32) if it's really EA at fault rather than the car, but it certainly seems to be.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
also to get to something serious for a second - they had serious EA support, like talking to them live as they went and all, and they still had the weirdness they had.

It's all software and it can be fixed, but I admit it doesn't give me the fuzziest of feelings about EA when even with that much support - support normal people like me will never get - they had this much trouble.

of course we don't know (at least as of 1:12:32) if it's really EA at fault rather than the car, but it certainly seems to be.
Even talking to the right people doesn't do it when the hardware is against you. On our first Leaf road trip we arrived at the EVGo DCFC at the Queenstown Outlets only to find it dead. Yes, the app said it was fine. We added some L2 to make sure we would have enough range to our DCFC in Cambridge. The ChargePoint app said it was working but we didn't trust it, so we called ChargePoint. They checked and rebooted the system -- all set, right?

When we got to Cambridge, the DCFC wouldn't charge. We called ChargePoint and they rebooted it. Their system showed it was fine. The big warning triangle on the charger said they were wrong. It was a very long and interesting day.

I'm really glad we're about to get a car with almost 3 times the range and the charging network is much better now!

This Cannonball record shows that the DCFC network is sufficient for even runs like this to be possible. The video shows the devil's in the details and, as they say, it's all details.
Sponsored