Cannot Unplug Charger Plug From Mach E (U.K.)

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
  • Banned
Tried search but nothing UK specific as we don't have J1772 connectors, only CCS connectors. Charged at dumb charger today at holiday cottage. Couldn't unplug even after pressing the button in the middle of the indicator lights. The lights just carried on flashing in a circle with white lights. Tried unplugging at charger end (non tethered and used Ford provided cable), unlocking car, locking car, using centre screen stop charging button, powered car on then off and all combinations just mentioned.

Worked flawlessly earlier on in the year at the same cottage. There's no way to switch off the dumb charger, only unplug it. Relatively low output of 3.6KW from this charger. Called Ford Assist who use the AA (Automobile Association) and a sub contractor called DH Price Motors arrived. He arrived very quick and was interested in the Mach E as it's the first one he'd seen. He tried everything I'd done and found the manual way to pull out the plug. This was quite scary as the plastic panels had to come off along with the associated cracking and creaking noises of the panels being pulled off. He disconnected the green low voltage plug and located and pulled on the string to release the plug and we heard the lock pin disengage.

Hopefully a one off but can't fathom out the reason for it other than "Computer says no" As recovery agents go I found him very easy to deal with and he explained every step.

I just wish Ford had found a better way to be able to access items under the panels perhaps with hinged lids or similar.
Sponsored