proper way to unplug charger

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
yeah, on the level 2 at home I just unplug. On other PHEV's I have had to unlock the car to release the plug locked in place, but on this it doesn't seem to natter.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Is there anything to prevent strangers from tampering with the charging process? I mean, people could also tamper with a gasoline fuel up, but for charging people often leave their cars unattended for 30mins or so and head into a store, etc.

Also, even if I don't have Ford Connected Services set up and I'm just using a credit card to pay for a DCFC, will my FordPass app tell me if charging gets disrupted?

Within about a week, I'm going to be flying out of state to pick up my new MME, and I'll be driving back home the same day, stopping at 3-4 EA DCFC stations along the way. So I need a detailed tutorial about what I should do to prepare, and what to expect.
This looks like what you need....
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-enable-plug-charge-in-7-steps.3094/

Greta

First Name
Rebeca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Actually No.
Step 1 above is talking about the release latch on the J1772 connector. That little thumb lever. NOT the button in the center of the charge ring. The illuminated button is only needed for DC Fast Charging.....and even then it's only necessary if the car doesn't unlock that pin automatically once your charging session has stopped.

Two different buttons.
I press that button on the fast charger electrify America and I get stuck then I prefer just stop the chargers and unplug the cords like I did before and no problem at all.
Sponsored