Can't deal with the bouncy ride anymore after two weeks with the Mach-E. What do I do?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It’s really what your used to. Come from a Yugo or Come from a Bentley, you will have different base lines to judge your next car.
Sponsored

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We have had the car for almost a year now, and I have only been on one road where I could feel the bounce described in this thread!
Florida roads are much better than up here . On major roads the car is fine, some secondary road that are less well taken care of, the ride just doesn’t cut it.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
We have had the car for almost a year now, and I have only been on one road where I could feel the bounce described in this thread!
Sit in the backseat and then let us know your thoughts.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Florida roads are much better than up here . On major roads the car is fine, some secondary road that are less well taken care of, the ride just doesn’t cut it.
I do understand and I have been on some roads up there that will shake your teeth out and not just the secondary roads!

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It’s really what your used to. Come from a Yugo or Come from a Bentley, you will have different base lines to judge your next car.
Honestly I think not even Yugo suspension engineers would have screwed up the suspension this badly

2021mustangdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select RWD, grabber blue
Country flag
I posted earlier in this thread that I do not get the bouncing ride, but now going to update after having MME just over a month.

So far this is a couple of streets now where you can say ride is bouncy but 95% of the time ride is just firm.

Would have to say it depends on your reference point from vehicles you owned in the past to compare to. In my case Ford Mustang and Mazda MX5

Dan

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
i used to call it bouncy but i am now thinking it is more like pitching ... which of course causes bounce.

@taikajim's posts mention this along with an illustration

pr0t0c0l_dr01d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Select eAWD
Country flag
i used to call it bouncy but i am now thinking it is more like pitching ... which of course causes bounce.

I agree. Bounce is not the right word. My experience is more violent than that. I feel like I’m being shaken on harsher roads and it’s more than just ‘this is a sport tuned suspension’. The ride just sucks.

I see some people here suggesting a class action lawsuit. I really don’t want to sue Ford. I want their electric business to succeed wildly. But it’d sure be nice to get this issue addressed with no money out of pocket. I’m already looking forward to a few years from now when I can trade this thing in for either a magneride equipped version (or maybe BMW i4 or polestar 2).

@taikajim's posts mention this along with an illustration

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Can't deal with the bouncy ride anymore after two weeks with the Mach-E. What do I do? Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 10.09.58 PM

I asked for shocks/springs to help fix the bouncy ride problem FYI. Keep asking companies for suspension parts so they get a sense of the demand, it would be nice if we had a few choices.
If you’re going to do this, keep asking for
“Shocks” specifically. Springs aren’t the issue and options for those already exist.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
If you’re going to do this, keep asking for
“Shocks” specifically. Springs aren’t the issue and options for those already exist.
This. We ought to create some sort of communication campaign with Koni, Bilstein and potentially a company like Fortune Auto to bring other (necessary) components to market. Springs and sway bars don't fix the current exhibited conditions.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i do hope @Ford Motor Company reads this thread and do something. i love my Mach E and do want to keep it ... but if no solution comes up soon and if the supply chain issues ease up for other vehicles, i am out.

the Ioniq 5 is top of my prospective lists but let's see.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
i do hope @Ford Motor Company reads this thread and do something. i love my Mach E and do want to keep it ... but if no solution comes up soon and if the supply chain issues ease up for other vehicles, i am out.

the Ioniq 5 is top of my prospective lists but let's see.
Although the KW Coilovers are very expensive (and not something I would do lightly) wouldn’t that be a reasonable expense compared to selling existing car and buying a new car. Although I guess with another federal tax credit on the Hyundai it might not be.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Although the KW Coilovers are very expensive (and not something I would do lightly) wouldn’t that be a reasonable expense compared to selling existing car and buying a new car. Although I guess with another federal tax credit on the Hyundai it might not be.
yes 100%. i don't want to sell the car. i am desperately hoping the KWs will work.
Sponsored