Car being built but problem with order???

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Logged into Ford today to see progress on my car which has a build week of this week and got surprised by this! @Ford Motor Company @FordTeam my dealer is unaware of this. Can you explain?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Car being built but problem with order??? MME Order Problem.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Logged into Ford today to see progress on my car which has a build week of this week and got surprised by this!

MME Order Problem.JPG
I suggest contacting Ford Customer service first to see what is up, next the dealer if no answers then take to Twitter.

Or the Ford site is messed up again, happens sometimes when they make updates.

FresnoEddy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext Range (ordered)
Country flag
Logged into Ford today to see progress on my car which has a build week of this week and got surprised by this!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Car being built but problem with order??? MME Order Problem.JPG
I logged into the Ford website to check my order and got the same message, although I have not yet received a VIN or build date (order placed on July 13). I e-mailed my dealer and am now waiting to hear back. Perhaps just a glitch in the system?

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I logged into the Ford website to check my order and got the same message, although I have not yet received a VIN or build date (order placed on July 13). I e-mailed my dealer and am now waiting to hear back. Perhaps just a glitch in the system?
Not a problem with the traditional dealer system is there? The GM of my dealer is yelling at Ford right now. I heard it in the background while the sales manager was on the phone!

BigBen58

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19' Ford Super Duty, 21' Mach E, 21' Bronco,
Country flag
Logged into Ford today to see progress on my car which has a build week of this week and got surprised by this! @Ford Motor Company @FordTeam my dealer is unaware of this. Can you explain?

I got the same thing! Haha my dealership said its a ford website issue and there was nothing wrong with my order. Makes me feel good everyone else got the same message LOL!

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I got the same thing! Haha my dealership said its a ford website issue and there was nothing wrong with my order. Makes me feel good everyone else got the same message LOL!
They must have let the PaaK team work on the website!

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Ditto same message for me. My build week will hopefully remain 10/11/21!

As an Interactive Design Director for a major international scientific publication, I can't imagine us ever pushing anything to our prod site without first fully testing it (that's what dev sites are for!)

This is not a good look, and it creates a confusing or frightening user experience for Ford's customers. Perhaps their website dev team is Moe, Larry, and Curly?

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Ditto same message for me. My build week will hopefully remain 10/11/21!

As an Interactive Design Director for a major international scientific publication, I can't imagine us ever pushing anything to our prod site without first fully testing it (that's what dev sites are for!)

This is not a good look, and it creates a confusing or frightening user experience for Ford's customers. Perhaps their website dev team is Moe, Larry, and Curly?
From the malformed English, I suspect that this was not reviewed prior to publishing. I've seen pictures that they have posted about the team that developed the car, but not the website. Times are tough for Ford right now and shooting themselves in the foot is not helping.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
From the malformed English, I suspect that this was not reviewed prior to publishing. I've seen pictures that they have posted about the team that developed the car, but not the website. Times are tough for Ford right now and shooting themselves in the foot is not helping.
Many companies use offshore dev teams, which could explain the malformed English...

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Many companies use offshore dev teams, which could explain the malformed English...
I work for a company that is heavily offshore. Some of the people in India that I work with put my English skills to shame. It is clear that not only was this not checked as appropriate to post, but no communication was also sent to dealers, the whole process was a failure as it was not correct and was not helpful. it seems like somebody or somebodies went rogue. It is a leadership failure.
Sponsored