msulliv3

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
Went to local auto car wash yesterday and my ME22 would not move once placed in neutral. The attendand said it was some type of auto lock or emergency braking and likely due to a new update. I have been there several times no issues. I had to back out of wash after cars moved oout of way for me now I am afraid to go back not knowing what happened or if it will happen again. Any ideas?
Sponsored

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yes, press the neutral button press the yellow button in the screen and pop up and hit OK you'll be in a 30 minute neutral

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Was the "N" slowly blinking on the rotary gear shifter? That confirms it's in the right mode.

I've made the same mistake at the car wash thinking it was in the 'Stay in Neutral' mode after putting in neutral and pressing the L button. I had to put it in park, then drive and then neutral and press L again.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Also, if you don't press the brake pedal, auto-hold won't come on at all. You will have to ease into the car wash lane with only a light gas pedal and then switch to N without ever hitting the brake.

Deleted member 16048

It was likely auto hold. If you're using one pedal drive, you should disable auto hold since it's useless in one pedal drive anyways. Make sure to disable auto-hold if you use neutral. It's not an emergency brake update or whatever the attendant thinks. They don't really know how vehicles operate as much as they think they do.

Deleted member 16048

They don't have to know. When they shift to Neutral, it literally says what to do right in front of them.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Car locked up at car wash 1682968405315
Oh, but people don't read that stuff. lol Giving them too much credit! But yeah like I said, they like to think they know more than they do.