Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Carbonized Gray Mach-E In motion!

Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Motion.jpg
As this was shot on I-696 in Detroit, it makes me wonder: Does Michigan allow manufacturer cars to drive around with no plates on? That seems contrary to all the M plates we've seen.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
As this was shot on I-696 in Detroit, it makes me wonder: Does Michigan allow manufacturer cars to drive around with no plates on? That seems contrary to all the M plates we've seen.
I don't think the law here allows it, but it's probably not really enforced with all the manufacturers here in town.

The only time I've personally seen Ford vehicles driven around without a plate is when they are moving vehicles from one parking lot to another one down the road. Though it's not in the area of 696 where this photo was taken, World Headquarters/Ford Credit/Executive Garage area parking lots are sometimes used as a vehicle staging area. So we'll see a lot of similar vehicles all parked together from time to time. And those staged vehicles will be driven from lot to lot.

My guess is that it's possible the plate was displayed in the back window or windshield area. (?) Or they were just risking taking a spin without it.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Yes..... Carbonized Gray.
June 24th........is the new date.
Just a week away......and then we can share our experiences with the reservation procedure. The wait maybe over....soon.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Today I got my email. ID # and dealership info. Things are getting interesting....soon.!!!!

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
My Carbonized Gray Mach E has been ordered. Step 1 is next. When that step will take place.......will find out from Ford.
It is done. Good luck to all.