Cargo floor in upper position weight capacity?

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Did a quick search and didn't see anything covering this.

My question is....if the floor is in the upper position so as to make a flat surface with seats folded how much weight can it hold before collapsing? I ask because we have a large dog, Sadie (100lbs), and she would be very angry with me if that floor let her down, so to speak ?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Did a quick search and didn't see anything covering this.

My question is....if the floor is in the upper position so as to make a flat surface with seats folded how much weight can it hold before collapsing? I ask because we have a large dog, Sadie (100lbs), and she would be very angry with me if that floor let her down, so to speak ?
The rear load floor on my Fiesta seems to have been constructed similarly to Mach-E's and it fitted into the shelf hooks in a similar way, too.

The most I loaded in there was about 200 pounds of softener salt. I didn't notice any flexion or anything.

Now the Mach-E load floor's surface area is significantly bigger, since it's deeper and wider. But I'd imagine it still wouldn't be an issue with a 100 pound dog.

Why do you want the load floor flat with the back row? Wouldn't she be more comfortable with the little bit of extra height and the tiny step?

OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
She prefers to have her head between the seats. This would make her butt drop down if not level.

Honestly, we probably won't have her in the MME much, she's a better fit in our F150. Just considering options for her
Sponsored