David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a recent issue where Apple CarPlay disconnects the Bluetooth under Connectivity and then PAAK will not work. I can have either CarPlay or PAAK but seemingly not both. Anybody having a similar issue?
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I have a recent issue where Apple CarPlay disconnects the Bluetooth under Connectivity and then PAAK will not work. I can have either CarPlay or PAAK but seemingly not both. Anybody having a similar issue?
CarPlay does disconnect Bluetooth connecting to the car via Bluetooth, but the Bluetooth connection for PAAK seems to still work. I actually can't think of when CarPlay would be on and I'd need to use PAAK. I've done accessory mode before, which turned on CarPlay and I could still start my car after using PAAK while CarPlay was on.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Yeah, they are actually two separate Bluetooth connections. CarPlay and Bluetooth to the SYNC unit canā€™t exist simultaneously, but the one that controls PAAK is still online.

Go into your iPhoneā€™s BT settings and make sure you still have the two devices listed. If you deleted one because it didnā€™t look right, that would have done it. One will be like ā€œMustang Mach-Eā€ (pretty sure thatā€™s the SYNC), and the other would be ā€œ<LAST 5 DIGITS OF VIN> MACH Eā€ which should be the PAAK.

OP
OP
Superdeg

Superdeg

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, they are actually two separate Bluetooth connections. CarPlay and Bluetooth to the SYNC unit canā€™t exist simultaneously, but the one that controls PAAK is still online.

Go into your iPhoneā€™s BT settings and make sure you still have the two devices listed. If you deleted one because it didnā€™t look right, that would have done it. One will be like ā€œMustang Mach-Eā€ (pretty sure thatā€™s the SYNC), and the other would be ā€œ<LAST 5 DIGITS OF VIN> MACH Eā€ which should be the PAAK.

I thought you were onto something but I do have 2 separate Mach E Bluetooth listings although they are not always Connected. The dealer thinks it is because I have an iPhone8. But both have worked in the past. I have Reset several times.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I thought you were onto something but I do have 2 separate Mach E Bluetooth listings although they are not always Connected. The dealer thinks it is because I have an iPhone8. But both have worked in the past. I have Reset several times.
Hmm. If youā€™ve reset PAAK, did you forget the Bluetooth connection in your iPhone for the Mach-E? I had trouble with that after resetting PAAK until I dropped the old BT connection and let it establish a new one.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hello! Send us a private message with your MachEā€™s VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist with this software issue you're experiencing.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Are you starting the car with PAAK, and then once CarPlay connects you get the no key detected message?

If so, That is the same behavior I've always had with AndroidAuto. Once AA connects, the phone doesn't hold a reliable BT connection for PAAK. It connects, and disconnects pretty regularly. The car continues to function normally once its started.

OP
OP
Superdeg

Superdeg

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Are you starting the car with PAAK, and then once CarPlay connects you get the no key detected message?

If so, That is the same behavior I've always had with AndroidAuto. Once AA connects, the phone doesn't hold a reliable BT connection for PAAK. It connects, and disconnects pretty regularly. The car continues to function normally once its started.
Yes, I definitely experience that exact behavior.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag