Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
But if it also did 0-60 in 3.5…….

Unfortunately, this seems like the reality of electric cars for now. Many have one version or another of a “boost mode.”

From Ford to Hyundai to even Porsche.

Taycan Turbo S. One of the fastest production cars ever made. $180,000. And it has a timed power limit too.
I didn't realize those vehicles were timed.

How does Tesla do it with the plaid, any idea?
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I didn't realize those vehicles were timed.

How does Tesla do it with the plaid, any idea?
They have a “mode” you have to go into to get max acceleration. Involves cooling, lowering and it takes quite a few minutes to go through the process.

Definitely not “stab and go” on the highway.

We may be the only car that has a boost where it’s “armed and ready” all the time without hitting a button or preparation time.

The new Hummer and Blazer SS have a whole process to enter the mode too.

jgillmer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black MME GT w Panoramic Roof & BlueAssist
Occupation
Nonprofit Executive
Country flag
Yep, you were. And he’s on the GT350 forum tonight saying some Mach E GT was riding his ass from a light all the way up to 110 mph while he short shifted every gear toying with you. 👍🏻😂
Probably :)

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
But if it also did 0-60 in 3.5…….

Unfortunately, this seems like the reality of electric cars for now. Many have one version or another of a “boost mode.”

From Ford to Hyundai to even Porsche.

Taycan Turbo S. One of the fastest production cars ever made. $180,000. And it has a timed power limit too.
Well, you’re overstating the complexity of entering “boost modes” to make your point. BMW and Polestar don’t make you wait or go through menus to get the Full Monte. And Porsche launch control couldn’t be simpler. Press brake, press throttle, let off brake, bam!

Also, since we’re now entertaining an i4 or i4 M50 while we await our supposed Blazer SS I’ve been paying attention to road tests of those more. Did you know the base i4 e40 with 335/317 hp/tq and only rwd runs a 4.8 to 60 and a 13.4@106 in the 1/4? The M50 with standard awd runs a 3.3 and 11.6@120. For $65K base. Those traps speeds tho 👀.

Polestar 2s are similar - base dual motor with 408hp runs 4.0 and 12.7@109, the performance upgrade with 476hp runs 3.7s and 12.4@114+. For $51-65K depending on other options.

Anyway, not sure what my point was but, there it is.
Ford Mustang Mach-E CarWow Drag race: Mach E GT vs Mustang GT 91876A89-C810-45FC-8B0C-732E3FAD7AF4

OP
OP
Stang68

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Well, you’re overstating the complexity of entering “boost modes” to make your point. BMW and Polestar don’t make you wait or go through menus to get the Full Monte. And Porsche launch control couldn’t be simpler. Press brake, press throttle, let off brake, bam!

Also, since we’re now entertaining an i4 or i4 M50 while we await our supposed Blazer SS I’ve been paying attention to road tests of those more. Did you know the base i4 e40 with 335/317 hp/tq and only rwd runs a 4.8 to 60 and a 13.4@106 in the 1/4? The M50 with standard awd runs a 3.3 and 11.6@120. For $65K base. Those traps speeds tho 👀.

Polestar 2s are similar - base dual motor with 408hp runs 4.0 and 12.7@109, the performance upgrade with 476hp runs 3.7s and 12.4@114+. For $51-65K depending on other options.

Ford Mustang Mach-E CarWow Drag race: Mach E GT vs Mustang GT 91876A89-C810-45FC-8B0C-732E3FAD7AF4
Oof...i4. I thought about it but then saw that nose again. Can't do it. Just so fucking ugly.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Oof...i4. I thought about it but then saw that nose again. Can't do it. Just so fucking ugly.
Yeah, I can respect that opinion, I agree with you. Although it works better on the M50 than the e40. Still…

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
The M50 with standard awd runs a 3.3 and 11.6@120. For $65K base. Those traps speeds tho 👀.
This is the sort of performance the GT/GTPE would easily be capable of if Ford actually unleashed the full power potential of the dual motors. Which just sums up how bad Ford dropped the ball on the performance aspect of the performance model. Seems to be little point in giving it two large motors when it can not use them fully, such a wasted opportunity.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Certainly some are simpler to engage (Hyundai just has a boost button on the steering wheel).

But my points were two fold:
1. Lots of BEVs (most) have some version of a boost or power limit

2. The Mach E GT limit is the easiest one to engage. No buttons, menus, preparation etc. Just punch the throttle.*

*I still hate our 5 second limit. I wish we had more time AND wish the power drop off cliff wasn’t so extreme. Other manufacturers (while more complicated to engage) lose less power off boost and get more boost time.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
They have a “mode” you have to go into to get max acceleration. Involves cooling, lowering and it takes quite a few minutes to go through the process.

Definitely not “stab and go” on the highway.

We may be the only car that has a boost where it’s “armed and ready” all the time without hitting a button or preparation time.

The new Hummer and Blazer SS have a whole process to enter the mode too.

I had a MYP, before my MME.

No fancy mode. No fancy launch. No delay.

You stab the “go” pedal and you are instantly teleported to your destination, with no 5 second power loss. It is wicked fast and the MME GT gets walked by a MYP, and it shouldn’t.

My MME is a much much much nicer car there’s no doubt in my mind. With that said, why should we settle for anything less than keeping up with an elon mobile?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had a MYP, before my MME.

No fancy mode. No fancy launch. No delay.

You stab the “go” pedal and you are instantly teleported to your destination, with no 5 second power loss. It is wicked fast and the MME GT gets walked by a MYP, and it shouldn’t.

My MME is a much much much nicer car there’s no doubt in my mind. With that said, why should we settle for anything less than keeping up with an elon mobile?
I was responding to a question about the plaid, not the MYP.

MYP is one of the BEVs without a boost mode. Basically there are 3 categories of BEVs right now:

1. No boost mode (model 3, Y, Mach E)
2. boost that requires hitting a button (plaid, Taycan, Hyundai etc
3. Boost mode without a button. And the Mach E GT is the only one I know of in this category.

Pretty sure everyone’s favorite category is #1. All the power all the time.

But I think 3 would be better than 2…… if the drop off wasn’t so steep.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I was responding to a question about the plaid, not the MYP.

MYP is one of the BEVs without a boost mode. Basically there are 3 categories of BEVs right now:

1. No boost mode (model 3, Y, Mach E)
2. boost that requires hitting a button (plaid, Taycan, Hyundai etc
3. Boost mode without a button. And the Mach E GT is the only one I know of in this category.

Pretty sure everyone’s favorite category is #1. All the power all the time.

But I think 3 would be better than 2…… if the drop off wasn’t so steep.
Polestar 2 and i4 M50 get busy with no BS launch mode or castrating 5 second limiter. Add those to #1.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I know its semantics but seeing as most of the vehicles that use a boost tend to be setup so that the boost is for the maximum available power that can be achieved from the motors. If the GT/GTPE had 5 seconds worth of the full fat 562hp for 5 seconds before dropping back to 480hp then that would be a valid boost and I doubt anyone would be complaining but 5 seconds of what is already significantly less than maximum power is not what I class as a boost but rather inadequate engineering.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I know its semantics but seeing as most of the vehicles that use a boost tend to be setup so that the boost is for the maximum available power that can be achieved from the motors. If the GT/GTPE had 5 seconds worth of the full fat 562hp for 5 seconds before dropping back to 480hp then that would be a valid boost and I doubt anyone would be complaining but 5 seconds of what is already significantly less than maximum power is not what I class as a boost but rather inadequate engineering.
Agreed.

It’s not like the 5 seconds is an overclock. That’s just the appropriate amount of power.

Then after 5 sec Mme GT gets neutered down to 1994 Mazda MPV power. Unacceptable…

OP
OP
Stang68

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Polestar 2 and i4 M50 get busy with no BS launch mode or castrating 5 second limiter. Add those to #1.
Yeah but most of us won’t consider those because they’re ugly 😂
I’d rather have a fantastic looking Mach E that can win most stop light races than the i4 or the Polestar (which apparently will fall apart before hitting 80mph anyway lol).
Sponsored

Reactions: SWO