Center lane calibration for BlueCruise?

VegasMache

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
05 GT, 14 Acadia, 2022 Mach E premium (ordered)
Occupation
CFO
Country flag
Is there a way to check and or calibrate how the car determines center of lane while using blue cruise?

My car tends be right of center and I think that also increases confusion at off ramps.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No.

While driving, if you correct and hold it, it will remember, but apparently only for that driving sesson.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
No.

While driving, if you correct and hold it, it will remember, but apparently only for that driving sesson.
So that feature still works after BC is installed and functioning?

It doesn't work anymore on my car but BC install failed so maybe I am stuck in the twilight zone.

OP
OP
VegasMache

VegasMache

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CFO
Country flag
I tried finding information on how the car is making decisions for lane centering and it's pretty obvious blue cruise is highly dependant on GPS. Which also explains the Ground Speed readout vs traditional speedometer. But it also likely relaying on mobileye to provide updated data. If my GPS data is solid, then it would seem the problem is mobileye having bad data from bad drivers before me...

Any ideas on how to check my gps strength? I didn't see it in any of the settings.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
So that feature still works after BC is installed and functioning?

It doesn't work anymore on my car but BC install failed so maybe I am stuck in the twilight zone.
With a Job 2 vehicle, I have had BlueCruise from day 1. Holding to correct has never worked for me; not only that, if I hold too close to the left lane marker (as I usually do when controlling the steering wheel), as soon as I let go BlueCruise would swing right so quickly that I thought it would cross the right lane marker but it never actually crossed it.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I tried finding information on how the car is making decisions for lane centering and it's pretty obvious blue cruise is highly dependant on GPS. Which also explains the Ground Speed readout vs traditional speedometer.
You are reading way too much into "Ground Speed"! 😁

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ground speed is a label, nothing more. No GPS...

OP
OP
VegasMache

VegasMache

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CFO
Country flag
apparently we have a more than one pilot in the room. 😄

maybe I just need more trim.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
With a Job 2 vehicle, I have had BlueCruise from day 1. Holding to correct has never worked for me; not only that, if I hold too close to the left lane marker (as I usually do when controlling the steering wheel), as soon as I let go BlueCruise would swing right so quickly that I thought it would cross the right lane marker but it never actually crossed it.
So perhaps the "tracking to driver preference" feature of Lane Centering is a casualty of BC? Unfortunate if true.

Anyone else with BC and a working LC that tracks where you place the car in the lane? We all know it worked fine before BC.....

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I tried finding information on how the car is making decisions for lane centering and it's pretty obvious blue cruise is highly dependant on GPS. Which also explains the Ground Speed readout vs traditional speedometer. But it also likely relaying on mobileye to provide updated data. If my GPS data is solid, then it would seem the problem is mobileye having bad data from bad drivers before me...

Any ideas on how to check my gps strength? I didn't see it in any of the settings.
Ground speed is just a style thing. Been there since 2015 (IIRC)as a callback to the original mustangs in the 60s with their "aviation inspired" styling.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Center lane calibration for BlueCruise? 2015Mustang_Ground_Speed

As far as GPS goes, it is not used for lane centering. It's used to determine if you are on a BC road, and roughly where you are (so it knows when you're on a section of road with a curve that requires hands on).

The actual lane centering is handled by the camera. So if calibration is off it'd be something there..

As for my personal experience, both before and after the BC update, my car has NEVER let me choose the position in the lane. As soon as I let go, it immediately goes back to where it was.. that being said, if I leave it alone, after about 30 seconds it'll usually find it's way back to center

Jim Guthry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
It's never accepted my comfort level of where "center" is either. Correcting it involves actively fighting with it (it's trying to pull right while I'm pulling left). I don't mind so much in stop and go traffic speeds, but I'm not comfortable with it at highway speeds where cars are frequently nearby. Empty highway is fine.

Ford engineers if you're listening, we don't need to be straddling the right line if we're driving in the far left fast lane, FFS.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Anyone else with BC and a working LC that tracks where you place the car in the lane? We all know it worked fine before BC.....
It didn't work for me before BC, or after.
Sponsored