Changing Brake Bias

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Has anyone experienced brake bias changing from time to time? Doesn’t happen all the time but I get more braking from the rear every once in a while. Usually it will happen after driving for a while not having to use the brakes then coming to a light I can hear the rear tires squeal like they are the only ones stopping the car. This is while using 1pd and not actually hitting the brake pedal. If I push the brake pedal, bias goes more to the front and has never locked up the rear. I do get weird looks from people though. Usually after this issue happens it goes away. Kind of like the car learned bias wasn’t correct and adjusted the bias. This is a 4x.

Edit: While the rear tires are squealing it does not feel like there is a braking issue and I can’t stop. The squeal isn’t super loud but loud enough to be heard. I have never felt like the car would not be able to stop or fish tail. Very strange.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Has anyone experienced brake bias changing from time to time? Doesn’t happen all the time but I get more braking from the rear every once in a while. Usually it will happen after driving for a while not having to use the brakes then coming to a light I can hear the rear tires squeal like they are the only ones stopping the car. This is while using 1pd and not actually hitting the brake pedal. If I push the brake pedal, bias goes more to the front and has never locked up the rear. I do get weird looks from people though. Usually after this issue happens it goes away. Kind of like the car learned bias wasn’t correct and adjusted the bias. This is a 4x.

Edit: While the rear tires are squealing it does not feel like there is a braking issue and I can’t stop. The squeal isn’t super loud but loud enough to be heard. I have never felt like the car would not be able to stop or fish tail. Very strange.
Good morning! I would be happy to look into your braking concern on my end. Could you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info?