Charge Didnt Start

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Hi all - last night I plugged my Mach E in and I have it set to Preferred Charge from 11pm-8am. I plugged it in at 6pm.

This morning it barely charged. Looking at the log on my app it shows that the Car was plugged in at 6pm but that charging only started at 5:51am this morning. Is there any way to troubleshoot why this happened?
Sponsored

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
What's the brand/make of your charger?

OP
OP

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Juicebox.
It's smart charging feature is off.

Thanks

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any recent updates? Some vehicles charging parameters appear to be affected after an update.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Hi all - last night I plugged my Mach E in and I have it set to Preferred Charge from 11pm-8am. I plugged it in at 6pm.

This morning it barely charged. Looking at the log on my app it shows that the Car was plugged in at 6pm but that charging only started at 5:51am this morning. Is there any way to troubleshoot why this happened?
I've had that exact scenario happen a few times with my car too. The MME was too sleepy to wake up and charge. I went out to the car with my phone (PaaK) the welcome pony lights came on and the charger clicked on to start charging.

OP
OP

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Any recent updates? Some vehicles charging parameters appear to be affected after an update.
Yes it did have an update a couple of days ago.
So what's the implication of that? Do I need to do anything?

Thanks

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Thanks
My car has done this since new (delivered in Feb 2021).
Doesn't happen every time of course.....just every now and then. Usually about once every month but sometimes it can run a little longer in between events.

I have yet to figure out what causes this. Likely some sort of glitch between FordPass and the car since there seems to be some correlation there. Meaning, on the nights where the car doesn't charge as expected.....there is also some sort of weird issue with FordPass.

For example, there was this one time (in band camp) where one page of FordPass said my car was located at my home address but then when you browsed deeper into the charge details screen it said it was at an address about half a mile away. Weird stuff like that can affect the charge schedule I guess.

Your experience is just a normal part of owning this car. An EV should charge as expected without fail but this is no ordinary EV. :)

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Thanks
I would wait a bit and see if @SnBGC is correct and it is just a momentary one time glitch. If not then perhaps delete all you charging parameters and then re-set them. Hopefully just a one time thing.

OP
OP

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Thanks. Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by delete charging parameters? Do you mean the preferred charge settings in fordpass?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks. Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by delete charging parameters? Do you mean the preferred charge settings in fordpass?
When trouble shooting things like this.....I find it's usually best to make the edits in the vehicle vs FordPass. I suspect the comment above is suggesting that you delete the location and then re-program it. I would wait a bit before deleting anything. Instead, check your charge settings while parked at the known charging location. It will say on that screen what your car is planning to do.

Something like "at Home, waiting to charge to xxx% , starting at xxx time".
It's under the Settings screen I think.....
Sponsored