JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I have not logged into the site for a week and dont know if this has been posted. Quickly checked but did not see similar issues (may be I missed it) - but apologies upfront if already posted.

I seem to have issues just this week.

I am using Juicebox40 at home and until this week all seems to be Ok with charging. I dont think its an issue with the EVSE charger but with the car.

Here is the issue.

Via Ford Pass, I have set charging times to charge between 12 AM and 7 AM all days - charging % set to 90%; with 7 AM preconditioning time. Ford pass shows these settings and so does the car.

Last proper charging was saturday night April 10 with preconditioning done April 11 morning - all done.

Drove on sunday April 11 - charge left less than 90% - plugged in - no charging done Sunday night; no preconditioning monday morning. I wondered but did not do anything.

Drove Monday - charge left is around 40% - plugged in - no charging done on Monday and no preconditioning Tuesday morning.

Tuesday morning - I am like what the heck; using ford pass changed setting to charge when plugged in and charging begins. I let it charge for a while; charge rate is appropriate and EVSE seems to be working fine - this rules out issue with EVSE. Drove a bit Tuesday - charge left less than 90% - plugged in - no charging done on Tuesday night and no precondition on Wednesday morning.

Wednesday - again manually charge - drive a bit - plug in - no charging Wednesday night and no precondition on Thursday morning.

Thursday morning - manually charge - drive - charge left less than 90% - plug in and car charged to 90% at night and precondition done friday (today) morning.

Not sure what happened.

So I drive a bit today , come home plug in around 3 PM ish.

I see this following message on Ford pass - note it says charging to be completed Sunday - and I am like whats up - should be charging tonight not sunday -

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging issues with Mach E at home IMG_1206

So I click on details and see this - note that it says it will charge on Sunday JAN 01...Zees this is April.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging issues with Mach E at home IMG_1205

So I will see what happens tonight and I sent these images to teh service manager at the dealer - did not hear back.

But these images make me think that the reason teh car has not initiated charging Sun through wednesday is perhaps its looking at some random day in the past and is messed up and not initiating charge...

How does Ford Pass display these incorrect dates? It connects to the car and gets messages from the car and the car is looking what to get these dates? Is it possible that the car pings some server at the mother ship and is getting this erroneous info and then does not initiate charging as its looking for Jan 1 which is in the past? Cant explain - and not sure why it charged thursday....

The EVSE logs show no activity as well during these days.

Anyone experienced this? I am waiting to hear back from the dealer but not sure what they will say. My VIN is not effected by any FSBs as far as the recall check shows.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I would recommend that you skip the fordpass app For the following. Go out to your car. Unplug it. Turn it on. Delete your home location. Plug it back in. Re-save your home location and redo your charge preferences from the screen in the car. Give it a few hours to resync with fordpass and THEN see how it goes.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I would recommend that you skip the fordpass app For the following. Go out to your car. Unplug it. Turn it on. Delete your home location. Plug it back in. Re-save your home location and redo your charge preferences from the screen in the car. Give it a few hours to resync with fordpass and THEN see how it goes.
agreed. I still don't trust the app

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
agreed. I still don't trust the app
With two of these at home, and switching back and forth who gets the level 1 charger and who get a the level 2 charger, and getting VTOU set up so now I really only want to charge between 11PM and 7 AM, I am always trying to adjust. The app seems to lose track of location sometimes and it’s best to wipe my preferences and start over. I just have to remind myself that the car is less a car and more a new rudimentary computer. Reboots and (figurative) bios refreshes required at times.

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
With two of these at home, and switching back and forth who gets the level 1 charger and who get a the level 2 charger, and getting VTOU set up so now I really only want to charge between 11PM and 7 AM, I am always trying to adjust. The app seems to lose track of location sometimes and it’s best to wipe my preferences and start over. I just have to remind myself that the car is less a car and more a new rudimentary computer. Reboots and (figurative) bios refreshes required at times.
I know that the app is messy and can’t be relied upon. I saw similar random dates before and ignored it as long as the charging was not affected. Now yeah with this recent experience not only the app but I am wondering if the car is getting some of this random data from some mothership pings.

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Update:
I deleted location and charged and added presets in the car and not the app. Charging at preset times seems to work but precondition does not seem to work. No precon this morning.

have not heard from dealer yet and taking it to dealer on Monday ...

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MMe Prm. 4x , 19 Nissan Leaf, 22 GC 4xe
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
Good luck with the dealer. I haven't noticed issues with charging times, but I only had it enabled for a short time before I went back to manual charging (never seemed to fit my routine since I do not always drive the same vehicle everyday). I have, however, noticed discrepancies with the times listed under the charging panel. For example, plugged in less than 30 minutes prior and was told the car had been plugged in for 13 hours. Cosmetic, at least for me, but I can see where this would get annoying for those who do rely on scheduled departures/charging windows.
Sponsored