ricksta6

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
I just switched to Time-Of-Day pricing with my electric company and set my charging time to between 10PM-6AM.m directly in the vehicle yesterday. I do not have Departure/Comfort settings configured. Additionally, I'm currently using the 120v adapter because my 240v EVSE installation isn't scheduled until next week.

It seemed to start charging at the preferred time (10pm), and got up to 85%, but then stopped due to a fault. This morning I went out, unplugged the adapter from both the vehicle and car, turned the car on then off, then re-plugged it in. I have since received a notification from the FordPass App telling me "My Mustang Mach-E must charge outside your preferred Charge Time due to charge settings"

I am guessing this is just an erroneous notification bug as it does not seem to be charging currently (outside the set charging window), but wondering if there are any settings I may have missed that could be impacting the charge window?
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If the charge window isn't enough time to reach your target charge level then the car will charge when plugged in.

Do you have a charge limit set? Sounds like it might be at 85%?

OP
OP
ricksta6

ricksta6

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
If the charge window isn't enough time to reach your target charge level then the car will charge when plugged in.

Do you have a charge limit set? Sounds like it might be at 85%?
It's set to 90%. I thought if it wasn't done charging by 6am it would simply stop and start again at 10pm

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It's set to 90%. I thought if it wasn't done charging by 6am it would simply stop and start again at 10pm
When you park the car at a charge location it recognizes then it attempts to calculate the time required to charge and compares that to the schedule. The car uses the last known charge speed for this calculation but does verify the speed once plugged in.

If the cat can achieve the preset charge limit in the scheduled time then it will wait to charge. If not, then it will display that message and begin charging when plugged it. It will charge the cat until it reaches a level where it can finish in the schedule. At that point, charging will pause and then resume when the schedule time opens.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Since you're 120V charging you should probably just forget about the schedule since it will need to charge all night long to keep up. Worry about the schedule after you get the EVSE installed. But yes it's working normally.

120V charging is extremely slow, it will take 3 full days to fully charge vs. 8 hours for 240V.
Sponsored