DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
I have preordered my Mach E and hopefully will have it in the spring. I wanted to get some suggestions on my Charging Strategy. Currently my drive is about 100 miles each way and my employer has charging locations on site. My question is would I charge on site at work and then plug in when I get home? I order the Premium Trim with RW drive and has a suggested range of 300 miles. But I pretty sure I won't really have range depending on driving habits and weather conditions. I wanted to see if anyone would know think with amount of charging cycles I would damage the battery? Or should I just charge at home after the round trip? I am looking forward to suggestions and comments.
The best thing you can do for your batteries health is to avoid overcharging (past 90%) unless necessary, and over discharging (fully depleted battery).

With that said, if you have access to AC charging at work, set your charge schedule to 80% - 90% and then plug in at work and at home whenever it's available and accessible and just call it a day and don't over think it.

You are probably fine making the round trip (if you had to), but in the winter/cold weather other factors come into play and it's best to just keep your battery fed and happy if you have access to it. Keep in mind you will likely lose about 100 miles of range in worst case very cold weather scenario, so to be sure that you have plenty of buffer if your in accident, snowed in or whatever may crop up that wasn't anticipated.
Sponsored

DrGT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E premium AWD
Country flag
I verified I am set to "Use preferred charge settings" and max charge level is set to 90%. It still charged to 100% last night.
Had the same problem with mine (charging to 100% despite a correct setting at 80%).
I deleted my "Home" setting (where I was having problems), then created an exact same setting (%, time, location, etc) and it now works fine eveytime ... ?