Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Using Tesla Level 2 charging with adapter to charge my Mach E and it took 22 hrs 38 min to add 90 miles. Is it the vehicle settings ,the Tesla charger or something else?
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Using Tesla Level 2 charging with adapter to charge my Mach E and it took 22 hrs 38 min to add 90 miles. Is it the vehicle settings ,the Tesla charger or something else?
Is this a public charger? What does it say on PlugShare?

Those are Level 1 rates. There are no charge rate settings on the Mach-E. Either the charger is very slow or you have some kind of charging issue with your vehicle.

digdug52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E 4X, 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Did you use the Tesla Wall Connector on another vehicle before the Mach-E, and if so, did it charge at expected speeds? All generations of Tesla Wall Connectors allow settings to be changed to vary the amp output up to the maximum (48 amps on the Gen 2 and Gen3, some Gen 1 allowed up to 80) It could be possible the Tesla unit is set for lower amp output.

I charge my Mach-E with my Gen 2 Wall Connector set for maximum 48 amps along with a TeslaTap and have no issues receiving the full 48 amps on the Mach-E or just plugged directly into my Model 3 with no adapter.

I would recommend checking the amp setting on the Tesla unit first.
If amps are set properly then find another L2 unit to charge the Mach-E on and see if it charges up to maximum amps of the EVSE or Mach-E, whichever is lower.
If that works, then hopefully you can find a friend or family member with an EV (it can be any brand as long as it has J1772 or Tesla NACS ability) to connect to your Tesla unit and see if that vehicle charges as expected.
Doing this should allow you to determine if it is the EVSE or the car having the issue.

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
This seems odd. My dad previously used my mobile connector with his Tesla Model Y with an adapter and never noticed an issue... what type of Tesla L2 charger are you using?

OP
OP

Gerd Ruhl

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is this a public charger? What does it say on PlugShare?

Those are Level 1 rates. There are no charge rate settings on the Mach-E. Either the charger is very slow or you have some kind of charging issue with your vehicle.
This is a 240V home charger. It will charge my Tesla Y overnight.
r