sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
yes considering it - but not sure if it would be easy to remove. Ordered it this week.
It seems to be really similar to a cell phone screen protector, which means it'll peel right off with no residue when you're done with it.
Sponsored

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Why do you say to not use a solution that has alcohol in it? I have always made up my own mixture in reusable spray bottles of a 50/50 ratio of 70% isopropyl alcohol and distilled water (distilled, Not filtered) and then use a microfiber cloth. I have been using that for years on touchscreen devices like Surfaces and smartphones and other car touch screens and also on sunglasses. Is there a particular reason you recommend not using alcohol in the case of the Mach-E's touch screen? This homemade solution is effective and very inexpensive and has never caused damage to any screen or lens I've used it on. I actually just made up a bottle of it today to keep in my Mach-E, but if there is a reason you think it should t be used, I will give it some consideration.
Touch screens usually have a protective coating and alcohol removes it. When this happens instead of your finger sliding across the screen, your finger ‘skips’ across the screen. May or may not be an issue or maybe your solution is diluted enough that there will be no negative effects.

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
It seems to be really similar to a cell phone screen protector, which means it'll peel right off with no residue when you're done with it.
hoping so and not get stuck like PPF film

rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag
yes considering it - but not sure if it would be easy to remove. Ordered it this week.
It is placed on using water so will come off with dilute soapy water (lightly applied)

AndrewY

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Touch screens usually have a protective coating and alcohol removes it. When this happens instead of your finger sliding across the screen, your finger ‘skips’ across the screen. May or may not be an issue or maybe your solution is diluted enough that there will be no negative effects.
Ford recommends using alcohol: https://www.ford.com/support/how-to.../how-do-i-clean-the-sync-touchscreen-display/

How do I clean the SYNC®* touchscreen display?
Just like any touchscreen, your SYNC screen may eventually need to be cleaned. To do this, use a clean, soft cloth such as one used for cleaning glasses. If dirt or fingerprints are still visible, apply a small amount of alcohol to the cloth. Do not pour or spray alcohol onto the display. Do not use detergent or any type of solvent to clean the display.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Make sure whatever cleaning solution you use does not have alcohol in it. Spray the cleaning solution on a micro fiber towel (not directly on screen) and wipe the panel clean. Buff with a clean micro fiber towel.

I like this companies products. (Amazon)

Chemical Guys SPI_663_16 InnerClean Interior Quick Detailer and Protectant (16 oz)
My preference is Invisible Glass. It has no amonia or alcohol in it and is safe for computer screens. It's also reasonably priced. Also doesn't streak if you've got a clean microfiber.
Sponsored