Confused about models / features & options

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I’m not planning on buying a wall charger because I’m just going to leave the “mobile charger” in the garage on a 240v circuit. I’ll take the mobile charger with me on road trips just in case. For most people, having a separate wall charger is just another toy that adds a few nice features but probably isn’t all that necessary.

The roof is supposed to have a special tinting that leaves it reasonably transparent while also blocking most the UV from the sun. I only test drove the car once so not sure how well it works.

R1 is the cheapest way to get an extended range battery, but you lose things like 19” wheels and premium sound, so I went with the Premium as I expect most will.

OPD is quite aggressive but kinda fun after you get the hang of it. Will take your car down to a complete stop. The mechanical brake also provides regen. I doubt one application of the brake is going to visibly increase range.

Congrats on reading the owners manual - you’re way ahead of me.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
one more . . .
Does regenerative braking only come into effect in "one pedal" mode?
I'd guess that shifting into LOW would also do that, too.
Do you get enough back to notice in the instrumentation? Don't recall seeing a reference to a charge / discharge gauge like my Honda CR-Z has.
Unbridled mode has significant one pedal driving built in, even if neither that setting is otherwise active nor low mode active. I think Engaged might have a small amount built in but it’s not really noticeable, feels more like a normal car coasting when you get off the accelerator. I think Whisper might have even less regenerative braking built in or not any at all, but I am not sure on this last point.

OP
OP

Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Prem MME DMG AWD Ex Batt
Country flag
Are there two blue body colors? I see Infinite Blue Metallic Tinted, which seems pretty subtle. But I also see pictures of a really bright blue, that reminds me of the FJ Cruiser blue.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Are there two blue body colors? I see Infinite Blue Metallic Tinted, which seems pretty subtle. But I also see pictures of a really bright blue, that reminds me of the FJ Cruiser blue.
One is Infinite Blue and the other is called "Grabber Blue".
Ford Mustang Mach-E Confused about models / features & options 1613483030739

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Sadly, you can only get the fun Grabber Blue on First Edition and GTs. But if you like white, black, and any shade of gray in between, Ford’s got you covered. There’s also a red if you’re into red cars.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Is the glass roof clear or heavily tinted? Hard to tell from the videos. The sunroof on my Ridgeline always seems to be ponted into the sun, but there is always the cover to slide in. Looks like no such thing on the mach-e. Problem?

TIA
Don
The panaromic roof glass has an IR (infrared) treatment for sunload protection. And you are correct that there is no sunshade for the roof.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
The infinite blue metallic is a mostly gray color with a tinge of blue that IMO only shows in strong sunlight.

I think Grabber Blue looks fantastic, but sadly is not available, other than on GT or First Edition.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Sadly, you can only get the fun Grabber Blue on First Edition and GTs. But if you like white, black, and any shade of gray in between, Ford’s got you covered. There’s also a red if you’re into red cars.
Unfortunately, Ford is not the only manufacturer that thinks customers only want drab colors.

I do think it looks great in Rapid Red, but I went with Space White for something a little different.