Connected Services Issue - Ford came through

Deleted member 16048

I definitely agree with you that the dealers are a big part of the problem. I know a lot about the features of the Mach-e from owning one for 4 months, and when I went to buy this new one, I spent most of my time educating the salesman on how EVs and specifically the Mach-e work as he didn't have a clue, he had never even ridden in one. And finance will tell you anything to get you to sign. The first thing I said when I bought was "I want the software updates done today", they said "Oh absolutely, sign here" then after it was done it was "Well we need to coordinate with service to see when they can do it" which turned into "The earliest appointment is 3 weeks from now." They could have told me that from the start (I expected it anyway as it seems like they only have 2 service people working anyway 🤣)

To back to your point, they dealer should definitely get their act together when it comes to selling EVs
Yeah, if Ford gets their way dealers will become a thing of the past. Ford wants to operate like Tesla and control the sales experience to fix those issues.

For software updates, I've advised not wasting time souring your driving experience with dealing with the dealers service department. Just be patient and they will come through. These software updates are not like a computer or a phone. It's not a giant security risk not being on the latest OS.

I believe Ford will get better at OTAs, they are learning so have to give them some time. Dealers just won't get any better since they have no incentive to right now. They don't have any accountability of customer experience.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RKinWA

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, if Ford gets their way dealers will become a thing of the past. Ford wants to operate like Tesla and control the sales experience to fix those issues.
Yeah Tesla takes it to the extreme. Before my MME days I wanted to go look at a Tesla and ask a couple questions. I went into a 'dealership', a rather large one, and after waiting for 40 minutes until someone acknowledged me, when they finally came up and asked if I was picking up a vehicle, I said "No I have a couple questions", he started walking away motioning me to follow, brought me to an iMac, logged into the Tesla site, and said "you should be able to get all your questions answered on this site" and walked away🤣

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
That is an activation issue. It's a service that is tied to your VIN. As things process they get sorted out and activated.

The issue is that most people are just impatient and expect everything to be instantly available. Sometimes it takes the dealer time to submit the information to Ford to get things rolling.
No, this was not an activation issue, everything else activated properly ONLY Nav did not.....dealer did ALL the activations and all took, EXCEPT Nav.....the info is summited at time of purchase,...I had blue cruise, plug and charge, Alexa, streaming ALL available instantly, EXCEPT Nav (would not connect).......and I am 75 and one of the most patient people you would know.....

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So I bought my new 22 GTPE on Friday, this is my second Mach-e, and after activating in Fordpass, everything 'seemed' fine, until Saturday when I took a mini road trip. I noticed that while BlueCruise said it was active, hands free mode wasn't working (on the same roads they did on the previous one). I was using Ford nav, and went to choose a charger, and Chargers option was disabled, said "Feature Must Be Activated". So I pulled over to investigate further and it turned out that Connected Built-in Navigation wasn't available in my Connected Services (it wasn't even there at all).

I tried a couple Sync resets, then when I got home I did a couple Master Resets. Nothing worked. At @MachLee suggestion I even disconnected the battery for 10 minutes. Nothing.

So Monday I called Ford, explained the situation, he verified it wasn't there and escalated it, telling me it could take up to 7 days before I hear back.

Just got a call from Ford this morning telling me the situation was resolved on their end and they walked me through resetting Connected Services, and once back up, everything is active and working. She told me I wasn't the only one, there were a lot of people having this issue, so I thought I would share in case someone here is one of them.
I think I am in the same boat as you, I just saw your post. Lee is helping me too and I am in the stage where they are investigating.

I think I am going to end up with the same resolution as you, fingers crossed, and big shout out to @Mach-Lee for helping so many of us!

OP
OP
RKinWA

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think I am in the same boat as you, I just saw your post. Lee is helping me too and I am in the stage where they are investigating.

I think I am going to end up with the same resolution as you, fingers crossed, and big shout out to @Mach-Lee for helping so many of us!
Good luck! Yeah @MachLee is great, so appreciative to him, and so many members of this forum that go out of their way to help others.
Sponsored