Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I recently got the DWS06 Plus in 245/50R19 for my AWD Premium. So far I'm not happy with them. I mean the traction and cornering performance are way better than the OEM Primacy's but they're just too harsh for me.

I played around with tire pressure quite a bit. I started off at 41 psi cold and had to lower them right away because they would "wander" at highway speeds. BlueCruise had trouble keeping the car centered in the lane, constantly moving the wheel back and forth. Steering manually, I noticed the same thing, and the classic "driving on balloons" feeling of overinflated tires. So I dropped them down to 40, and it was better, but once the tires warmed up they rode pretty harshly. So I dropped them again to 39 psi and now it doesn't feel overinflated at all. I'm not sure how some of you guys can stand to drive them at 41-42 PSI. 🤷‍♂️ No judgement from me; there's just no way I could stand that steering feel.

But then we did a 200-mile-each-way trip over Labor Day weekend. On that long trip I noticed the tires have a small but constant high-frequency jitter. Not out of balance, and not audibly, but just in feel. Road imperfections are more directly translated to the cabin than with the Primacys. We arrived at our destination feeling more tired than we had on previous trips.

I like the handling and performance of these tires, but I think I need to go back to a more cushy "grand touring all season". These tires may be very comfortable for their class, but are not sufficient for my preferences. YMMV.
Sorry to hear that as I was looking to get them for my premium car

I am curious if these tires on a premium MME affects the speedometer at all? My local tire dealer said it might affect it a bit
Sponsored

Rumline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x
Country flag
I am curious if these tires on a premium MME affects the speedometer at all? My local tire dealer said it might affect it a bit
No, not really. The stock tires are 28.8" diameter and the DWS06+ in 245/50R19 are 28.65" diameter. Barely any difference.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Further update on the Conti's...I have put about 600 miles on them on several trips now under varying road conditions/speeds/highways etc. Still love the feel and handling of the tires. I run the tires at 41psi cold. All in all I have seen about a 5-7% mileage drop with the new tires. I was averaging about 3.3 m/kw with the OEM tires and now running about a 3.1 m/kwh in all the various driving conditions that I have encountered. That equates to a drop in range for me around 18-20 miles. Well worth IMO for the improved ride.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Further update on the Conti's...I have put about 600 miles on them on several trips now under varying road conditions/speeds/highways etc. Still love the feel and handling of the tires. I run the tires at 41psi cold. All in all I have seen about a 5-7% mileage drop with the new tires. I was averaging about 3.3 m/kw with the OEM tires and now running about a 3.1 m/kwh in all the various driving conditions that I have encountered. That equates to a drop in range for me around 18-20 miles. Well worth IMO for the improved ride.
I measured about a 5% drop in range just by lowering my front tire pressure to 32 psi cold (stock tires) from 40. I was hoping the higher rolling resistance 06+ could be offset with higher pressure, but I guess you can't really go higher than 41 psi.

OP
OP
2FlyMache

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Yeah, I have mine at 39 and about 2500 miles and experiencing the same. I may bump pressure up and see if it matters but the handling especially in the rain is way better

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I joined the DWS06 club about 14,000 miles ago along with a bunch of you, it seems. Now that we've had them a while, how long are they tending to last for you?

Mine have gotten a bit louder recently, which I kind of expected. I ran Contis on my A4 before I got my Mach-e, and they started out extremely quiet and then got quite loud by the time I replaced them. Long story short, I'm wondering if it's about time to get a new set. (Might explore the new Hankook ones too.)

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I have put about 20K on my Contis. Maybe a little louder but most tires do that. I will probably get about 40K out of these at least and I like them so much will replace with same.
Sponsored