Cooler for frunk

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
is the frunk actually a good place to put a cooler / ice? i've found after 1-2 hour drives the frunk is actually pretty hot

am i better off putting the cooler in my trunk?
It is a poor place. Inside the air conditioner car is a better place. Is the frunk hotter than the inside of the car after it is parked for a few hours? Probably all are very hot.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It is a poor place. Inside the air conditioner car is a better place. Is the frunk hotter than the inside of the car after it is parked for a few hours? Probably all are very hot.
In all honesty, this is correct. While I enjoy icing down the frunk and loading it with stuff to drink at the few ev shows I've taken it to, it's not the "best use" of the frunk. The best use is tormenting @Jimrpa with the lack of remote access for the frunk. duh. ;)

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Good for putting takeout or restaurant leftovers. Or keeping that casserole warm while you're on the way to the potluck party.

((add obligatory shrimp reference here))

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I think you nay-sayers are missing the whole point. Of course inside the car would be a more practical location for a cooler, especially if the car is running and AC is blasting. But we're talking about one of the best party-tricks that the MME has to offer. I want to pop the hood and serve some beers! (I just need a little custom-fit insulation)

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
This is an interesting thread. If I ever get my MME, I'll see if one of the coolers I have fits. But having a cooler in there kind of ruins the coolness factor of having a frunk that is drainable... but it also would take a ton of drinks and ice to fill it up so /shrug

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
How much clearance is there around the outside of the tub? Could you spray foam the outside of the well to give it some insulation? Maybe a layer of foil-backed bubble wrap, or some stick-on foam would help keep the heat out, too.
Sponsored

Last edited: