Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Here are some pictures of the Driver Assist settings for CC, Adaptive CC, and Intelligent CC. After I got the camera out to take the snap shots, the white line and arrow no longer show in Intelligent CC. I suspect after driving, the line and arrow would come back. Note, the car is larger in normal, then gets shorter in Adaptive and Intelligent to allow for the Gap icons.

Normal (just CC), Adaptive (with Gap setting), and Intelligent (white line on stop sign missing, speed tolerance causes MME to do stop sign speed +/- tolerance setting mph)

The little icon next to SET in the driver's display is different from Normal to Adaptive and Intelligent, and Intelligent is supposed to add a white line and arrow the sign below, not showing here.

Be sure to scan your screens after exploring and making changes, for any unintended changes. I guess I have clumsy fingers, because I often end up changing something else by accident.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Cruise Control Modes justCC

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cruise Control Modes adaptive
Ford Mustang Mach-E Cruise Control Modes intelligent

Last edited:

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I used ICC from Tahoe to Reno (60 miles) and back. It’s a road I am familiar with and it has several speed traps. I set to largest buffer for ACC and set the speed to 2-3 over posted speed limit. I did not use the lane centering, not ready to give up all contr:)
Loved it!
two issues:
1. Learning. I was in one-pedal driving. With 1PD and ICC, your foot doesn’t have to be on the pedal. To turn off CC, you can tap on the brake like all other vehicles. With one pedal driving on, when you disengage CC with a brake tap, you better get your foot back on the accelerator or you will slow down pretty fast! :) I’m a new 1PD user so suspect a month or two and driving anything else will be odd.
2. for some reason, on a certain section of road, it thought it saw a 25 MPH sign and quickly decelerated from 45 MPH, the proper speed. I don’t recall any confusing signs like a school warning. Just a random slow down. Keep your foot close to override errant sign readings.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I used ICC from Tahoe to Reno (60 miles) and back. It’s a road I am familiar with and it has several speed traps. I set to largest buffer for ACC and set the speed to 2-3 over posted speed limit. I did not use the lane centering, not ready to give up all contr:)
Loved it!
two issues:
1. Learning. I was in one-pedal driving. With 1PD and ICC, your foot doesn’t have to be on the pedal. To turn off CC, you can tap on the brake like all other vehicles. With one pedal driving on, when you disengage CC with a brake tap, you better get your foot back on the accelerator or you will slow down pretty fast! :) I’m a new 1PD user so suspect a month or two and driving anything else will be odd.
2. for some reason, on a certain section of road, it thought it saw a 25 MPH sign and quickly decelerated from 45 MPH, the proper speed. I don’t recall any confusing signs like a school warning. Just a random slow down. Keep your foot close to override errant sign readings.
I am not sure how 1PD and CC work together - the point of any type of CC is to drive itself (accel/decel) without us touching the pedals unless we need to intervene. Do you find it better with or without 1PD when using CC.? I agree that once you get used to 1PD everything else does not feel normal.

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I am not sure how 1PD and CC work together - the point of any type of CC is to drive itself (accel/decel) without us touching the pedals unless we need to intervene. Do you find it better with or without 1PD when using CC.? I agree that once you get used to 1PD everything else does not feel normal.
I was trying the combo of 1PD and ICC because of the 2000 foot descent, the thinking was 1PD might get more batt regen? Overthinking it?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I was trying the combo of 1PD and ICC because of the 2000 foot descent, the thinking was 1PD might get more batt regen? Overthinking it?
I am not sure unless we all give these variations a try. I do think 1PD has more regen so in CC it should be generating more regen than without 1PD but thats just an assumption.

OP
OP

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Not sure if OPD matters once in CC, some cars ignore that sort of setting once CC is turned ON. On exiting CC, you would end up in OPD or D depending on how you have it set (best guess).

Usually "L" is the alternative for down hill driving (unless you already use OPD). Again, not sure if MME recognizes the round selector setting or uses D or L once CC is enabled?

Probably someone begins or ends their daily commute at least with a steep downhill and can answer the question (be sure not to start with 100% soc, possibly limiting regen).
Sponsored