Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Contrary to the opinion of many Americans, the American Independence Day is celebrated by exactly one country, nobody else seems to care. Go figure.

Unless there is coincidentally another holiday in Mexico occurring on Monday, the factory will be operating. Itā€™s possible Ford could have them on an enforced day off, but that would also be unrelated to the U.S. July 4th celebration.

As for shifts, that has changed over the past year. I doubt thereā€™s anyone on the forum that conclusively can tell you.
What about Canada Day today, doesn't Mexico have that either? How strange. šŸ¤£

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Oh hell, it's all good, I'm certainly not looking for love from a forum full of strangers. :cool:
But you could be a little more friendly while asking for help, instead of accusing someone you don't know of being ignorant for making a joke. šŸ˜‰

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
What about Canada Day today, doesn't Mexico have that either? How strange. šŸ¤£
True story. Not even exaggerated for comic effect.

I flew a trip from San Francisco to Tokyo Narita one very early morning. Arrived in Narita just after 7 am (when curfew is lifted). Went to the hotel and was waiting in line behind one of our other pilots from a different crew. Local date was July 4. He begins chatting with the desk clerk explaining how this is a real big holiday in the United States. The desk clerk finally asks (yes itā€™s Japan and we were all speaking English), ā€œWhat Holiday is it?ā€ The guy in front of me smiles and proudly proclaims, ā€œThe Fourth of July!ā€ The clerk looks at him like he was a few bricks short of a full load. The fellow pilot turns and walks away. The clerk looks at me rather confused. I answered the unasked question, ā€œItā€™s the American Independence Day.ā€ This seemed to satisfy him. I got my key and went to sleep. Never forgot that though (obviously)

In other news, you wonā€™t believe this, but the folks in Taipei do not celebrate Thanksgiving, neither the Canadian nor the US version. I had to get by on dim sum many Thanksgivings in a row there. Barbaric. ;)

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
True story. Not even exaggerated for comic effect.

I flew a trip from San Francisco to Tokyo Narita one very early morning. Arrived in Narita just after 7 am (when curfew is lifted). Went to the hotel and was waiting in line behind one of our other pilots from a different crew. Local date was July 4. He begins chatting with the desk clerk explaining how this is a real big holiday in the United States. The desk clerk finally asks (yes itā€™s Japan and we were all speaking English), ā€œWhat Holiday is it?ā€ The guy in front of me smiles and proudly proclaims, ā€œThe Fourth of July!ā€ The clerk looks at him like he was a few bricks short of a full load. The fellow pilot turns and walks away. The clerk looks at me rather confused. I answered the unasked question, ā€œItā€™s the American Independence Day.ā€ This seemed to satisfy him. I got my key and went to sleep. Never forgot that though (obviously)

In other news, you wonā€™t believe this, but the folks in Taipei do not celebrate Thanksgiving, neither the Canadian nor the US version. I had to get by on dim sum many Thanksgivings in a row there. Barbaric. ;)
Lol. However, we were able to export at least one "holiday" successfully: Black Friday.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
But you could be a little more friendly while asking for help, instead of accusing someone you don't know of being ignorant for making a joke. šŸ˜‰
You're right I will try to be nicer. :cool:

Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Oh hell, it's all good, I'm certainly not looking for love from a forum full of strangers. :cool:
Damn. Iā€™m on the wrong forum. Thatā€™s exactly what I was looking for. Oh well. Back to tumblr.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Contrary to the opinion of many Americans, the American Independence Day is celebrated by exactly one country, nobody else seems to care. Go figure.

Unless there is coincidentally another holiday in Mexico occurring on Monday, the factory will be operating. Itā€™s possible Ford could have them on an enforced day off, but that would also be unrelated to the U.S. July 4th celebration.

As for shifts, that has changed over the past year. I doubt thereā€™s anyone on the forum that conclusively can tell you.
For entertainment's sake, my 4XP was started last year on 4 July and the schedule had it built by 9 July, but ETIS/FDRS says 7 July, so basically 3 days to build.

Now that being said, there was a chip missing that took until mid-Sept. to acquire and load in the car, so even the build schedule is somewhat meaningless here.

On the original topic, hedge funds are known for purchasing cell phone meta-data in regions like Fremont, CA, to monitor the activity of production facilities. I'm sure competitors like GM, Tesla, and Daimler already have a great handle on the production at all Ford plants via this and other industrial espionage means.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for all the great info and help guys, car was built 7/02 and will be shipped my way.